POSITION: Secretary/Receptionist III (Union – 32BJ)
DEPARTMENT: Office of Full-time Admissions
REPORTS TO: Admissions Marketing & Web Content Manager
REQUIREMENTS: Associate’s degree or equivalent college credits, technical school training in secretarial and/or computer background or equivalent experience in higher education. Must be able to type 50 WPM minimum. Proficiency in Windows Operating Systems with expertise in Microsoft Office products including Word, Outlook and Excel required. Experience in college admissions (preferred).
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, and customer service skills for both internal and external audiences a must.
- Maintain high level program knowledge base to effectively answer questions.
- Attention to detail and accuracy a must.
- Must be able to multi-task and maintain focus on those tasks.
- Must be a self-starter who can work with little supervision.
- Must be able to work one late night per week until 6 p.m. as well as the occasional Saturday. Twice yearly during “peak” week, you will work until 6:30 p.m. on your assigned late night. Assistance in on-campus events as applicable may require occasional later hours on week nights and Saturdays with advanced notice.
PRIMARY FUNCTIONS: Responsible for various administrative support duties necessary for the recruitment and admission of incoming students within the Office of Admissions. Serve as an integral part of the Admissions Support Team maintaining an advanced level of knowledge. Includes answering the telephone, scheduling appointments, greeting prospective students and their families, logging and distributing mail, and assisting with the data entry of applications for admissions.
- Greet prospective students and their families.
- Answer all calls on the toll-free and main department extension lines and route accordingly.
- Use Microsoft Outlook to coordinate on-campus visits. This includes scheduling the appointment that will encompass an admission interview and campus tour. It can also encompass a meeting with financial aid, meeting with academic department of interest, observing a class, and lunch.
- Send confirmation letters and emails weekly to prospective students and their families who will be visiting the campus. Complete confirmation appointment phone calls a day prior to meetings to all necessary parties.
- Coordinating the online schedule-a-visit list with the webmaster. Updating daily visit list on the office door daily.
- Log and distribute mail twice daily. This includes differentiating between official, unofficial, final or transcripts that aren’t final and processing that transcript and/or entering it into Jenzabar requirements accordingly.
- Use the Jenzabar Admissions module to verify data to callers questioning receipt of application items.
- Serve as backup to additional office secretary to enter applications for admissions as necessary.
- Monitor and restock packet and other promotional supplies in the front reception area as well as back office area for use by staff and visitors daily within the Office of Admissions.
- Monitor and maintain collateral and supply inventory on a monthly basis, reordering from Office Dept weekly as necessary.
- Mail guidance counselor packets and University promotional items as requested.
- Serve as backup to Database Coordinator as necessary to enter both the Jenzabar Admissions and Registration modules to enter tuition deposits for new, incoming students.
- Downloading visit request forms daily from the admission office email account and scheduling appointments. Serve as back up to the Enrollment Information Analyst as necessary. This includes checking, responding and forwarding messages to the appropriate office or staff member within the University.
- Excellent note-taking skills necessary to generate office correspondence, including weekly staff meeting minutes and retreat minutes with calls to action.
- In downtime assist other members of the support team and counseling staff with projects as necessary and appropriate.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Qualified applicants should forward a cover letter and resume via email to HROffice@pointpark.edu (preferred) or mail to:
Point Park University
Human Resources Office
201 Wood Street
Pittsburgh, PA 15222
When responding via email please reference- SECRETARY/RECEPTIONIST III -in the subject line.
Please submit documents in Rich Text (.txt) Word document (.doc) or Adobe Portable Document Format (.pdf).
All emails submitted will receive an automatic confirmation email. Due to some junk mail filters, the confirmation email may not reach you. To ensure receipt of the confirmation email, utilize the return receipt option built into your email program when sending your information.
NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE. Due to the high volume of resumes received, Point Park University will not be able to respond to inquiries regarding the status of your resume. If we determine that your skills and experience match the position requirements, we will contact you to discuss the opportunity further. If you do not hear from us, we encourage you to revisit our website at www.pointpark.edu for the status of the position and future opportunities.
Point Park University is an Equal Opportunity Employer.