POSITION: Secretary/Receptionist III (Union – 32BJ)
DEPARTMENT: Office of Full-time Admissions
REPORTS TO: Admissions Marketing & Web Content Manager
REQUIREMENTS: Associate’s degree or equivalent college credits, technical school training in secretarial and/or computer background or equivalent experience in higher education. Must be able to type 50 WPM minimum. Proficiency in Windows Operating Systems with expertise in Microsoft Office products including Word, Outlook and Excel required. Experience in college admissions (preferred).
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, and customer service skills for both internal and external audiences a must.
- Maintain high level program knowledge base to effectively answer questions.
- Attention to detail and accuracy a must.
- Must be able to multi-task and maintain focus on those tasks.
Must be a self-starter who can work with little supervision.
- Must be able to work one late night per week until 6 p.m. as well as the occasional Saturday. Twice yearly during “peak” week, you will work until 6:30 p.m. on your assigned late night. Assistance in on-campus events as applicable may require occasional later hours on week nights Saturdays with advanced notice.
PRIMARY FUNCTIONS: Responsible for various administrative support duties necessary for the recruitment and admission of incoming students within the Office of Admissions. Serve as an integral part of the Admissions Support Team maintaining an advanced level of knowledge. Includes data entering all domestic full-time applications for admission into the Jenzabar Admission Module, and produce all correspondence as it relates to the application. Enter transfer credit evaluations into the Registration module. Provide backup for answering the telephone, scheduling appointments, greeting prospective students and their families, logging and distributing mail, and assisting with the data entry of applications for admissions.
1. Greet internal and external visitors to the Admissions Office.
2. Enter all domestic full-time admission applications daily creating the application file and application need letter.
3. Enter transfer credits for admissions offices into the Jenzabar Registration module so that an Advanced Standing Evaluation can be generated for transfer applicants.
4. Generate email blasts monthly for birthday cards for domestic.
5. Generate missing items postcards and missing deposits postcards for admission applications according to designated schedule.
6. Generate affordability email blast to applicants’ parents and facebook email blast to applicants.
7. Schedule room and media requests for all on-campus events.
8. Serve as backup to front desk secretary as needed.
- Provide backup for answering telephones and logging and distributing mail. Answer all calls on the toll-free and main department extension lines and route accordingly.
- Confirm campus visit appointments daily via telephone. Use Microsoft Outlook to coordinate on-campus visits. This includes scheduling the appointment that will encompass an admission interview and campus tour. It can also encompass a meeting with financial aid, meeting with academic department of interest, observing a class, and lunch.
- Send confirmation letters and emails weekly to prospective students and their families who will be visiting the campus.
- Log and distribute mail twice daily.
- Excellent note-taking skills necessary to generate office correspondence, including weekly staff meeting minutes and retreat minutes with calls to action.
- Provide lunch coverage daily in the Admissions Welcome Center.
9. Continue to work and improve the import utility function within the Jenzabar system.
10. Serve as backup to Database coordinator as necessary to process weekly application acceptance decisions into the Jenzabar Admissions module.
11. Assist other members of the support team and counseling staff with projects as necessary and appropriate.
12. Responsible for accurate monthly inventory of all office supplies, materials and promotional items. Input onto spreadsheet and share with supervisor by 5th of each month. Assisting with inventory delivery and control. Ordering office supplies weekly.
13. Perform other duties as assigned.
Qualified applicants should forward a cover letter and resume via email to HROffice@pointpark.edu (preferred) or mail to:
Point Park University
Human Resources Office
201 Wood Street
Pittsburgh, PA 15222
When responding via email please reference- SECRETARY/RECEPTIONIST III -in the subject line.
Please submit documents in Rich Text (.txt) Word document (.doc) or Adobe Portable Document Format (.pdf).
All emails submitted will receive an automatic confirmation email. Due to some junk mail filters, the confirmation email may not reach you. To ensure receipt of the confirmation email, utilize the return receipt option built into your email program when sending your information.
NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE. Due to the high volume of resumes received, Point Park University will not be able to respond to inquiries regarding the status of your resume. If we determine that your skills and experience match the position requirements, we will contact you to discuss the opportunity further. If you do not hear from us, we encourage you to revisit our website at www.pointpark.edu for the status of the position and future opportunities.
Point Park University is an Equal Opportunity Employer.