POSITION: Senior Director for Student Conduct
DEPARTMENT: Student Affairs
REPORTS TO: Associate Vice President of Student Affair and Dean of Students
REQUIREMENTS: Bachelor's degree required; master's preferred. 2-4 years of judicial affairs experience.
PRIMARY FUNCTION: To manage and ensure the accuracy and efficacy of all aspects of the University's non-academic student conduct system.
- Reviews cases/behavioral/Public Safety reports daily; in consultation with the Associate Vice President of Student Affairs and Dean of Students, assigns cases for adjudication and ensures that all cases are resolved within an appropriate time frame.
- Generates/prepares/edits for the Associate Vice President of Student Affairs and Dean of Student Affairs all correspondence related to the University's non-academic student conduct system.
- Manages, designs, implements, any automated/on-line process associated with the student conduct system.
- Manage the Drug and Alcohol Education Program at the University.
- Acts as the liaison in matter dealings with the non-academic student conduct system, to Residential Co-curricular Education, Public Safety, Registrar, Student Health, Residence Life, Campus Life, Campus Activities, Athletics, and Intramural/Recreational Sports.
- Conducts and maintains up-to-date material on all higher education research dealing with university student conduct policies, procedures, and laws.
- Handles and resolves all student/parent inquiries associated with the student conduct system.
- Plans, coordinates, and implements the training of all student and professional staff with regard to the University's student conduct systems; including the training of associates dealing with all higher education acts.
- Assistant and Support the Title IX Coordinator in processes and procedures associated with that office.
- In consultation with the Associate Vice President of Student Affairs and Dean of Students, writes, edits, updates all University publications related to the Office of Student Conduct.
- In consultation with the Associate Vice President of Student Affairs and Dean of Students, plans, recruits, selects, trains, and advises the University Judicial Board (UJB) or other student conduct committees.
- Works with the Community Directors/Assistant Community Directors/Community Facilitators/Community Mentors to structure and implement the Community Standards Initiative within the residence halls.
- Prepares, analyzes, and maintains statistical information associated with the University's student conduct system and generates weekly reports and other reports as needed.
- Maintains the confidentiality of all conduct records in accord with FERPA as well as stipulations set forth in the Student Code of Conduct.
- Serves as a non-voting advisor to all meetings of the UJB. Maintains order and ensures hearings are taped, fair, and orderly.
- Serves in emergency/crisis situations as directed.
- Perform other related duties and services as assigned by the Associate Vice President for Student Affairs and Dean of Students.
Qualified applicants should forward a cover letter and resume via email to HROffice@pointpark.edu (preferred) or mail to:
Point Park University
Human Resources Office
201 Wood Street
Pittsburgh, PA 15222
When responding via email please reference - SENIOR DIRECTOR FOR STUDENT CONDUCT - in the subject line.
Please submit documents in Rich Text (.txt) Word document (.doc) or Adobe Portable Document Format (.pdf).
All emails submitted will receive an automatic confirmation email. Due to some junk mail filters, the confirmation email may not reach you. To ensure receipt of the confirmation email, utilize the return receipt option built into your email program when sending your information.
NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE. Due to the high volume of resumes received, Point Park University will not be able to respond to inquiries regarding the status of your resume. If we determine that your skills and experience match the position requirements, we will contact you to discuss the opportunity further. If you do not hear from us, we encourage you to revisit our website at www.pointpark.edu for the status of the position and future opportunities.
Point Park University is an Equal Opportunity Employer.