POSITION: Senior Director of Student Engagement
REPORTS TO: Associate Vice President of Student Affairs, Dean of Students
REQUIREMENTS: Earned masters degree in a discipline taught at the University or terminal degree in higher education/student personnel administration; record of successful collegiate service; demonstrable activity in national or regional student personnel organizations; recognizable abilities to work with and provide leadership for staff members; commitment to bridge building between non-academic student affairs and academic affairs; commitment to philosophy of a student development model for structuring all student engagement; and commitment to providing excellence in service delivery through the deliberate selection of directorate and other personnel who share in the student success philosophy.
PRIMARY FUNCTION: The Senior Director of Student Engagement presides over the student engagement model insuring that all services delivery philosophically adheres to this model; maintains integrated program of service delivery to students at the University.
- Participate with University executives in promoting the University mission statement.
- Provide leadership, support and evaluation of administrative units falling under jurisdiction: Career Development (Services and Internships), Co-curricular events and transcripts, "First Year" Student Activities, "Sophomore/Junior/Senior Year" Student Activities, Student Orientation Activities (Pioneer Experience), and the Study Abroad Program (International and Domestic- Student and/or Faculty Supported Trips).
- Develop budget proposal and monitor expenses of finalized budget.
- Provide support in the student retention process.
- Responsible for the Career Development area of the University.
- Responsible for the oversight of Co-curricular events and the co-curricular transcript.
- Coordinate new student orientation programs (Pioneer Experience).
- Serve as director/coordinator of the University Study Abroad Program (both International and Domestic- Student and/or Faculty Supported Trips).
- Serve on coordination team for the student handbook process.
- Maintain membership in professional organizations such as National Association for Student Personnel Administrators.
- Serve on various committees of the University, including but not limited to, Presidents Leadership Group, Retention committee, Co-curricular Education Committee, Enrollment Committee, etc.
- Serve as certified university investigator on Title IX and various other judicial investigations.
- Serve as a member of the coordinating group for the annual University student success programs (Outstanding Student Awards, Hooding, Commencement, and Convocation).
- Provide support and student affairs coordination to the Coordinator of the University 101 course for freshmen students.
- Coordinate sophomore/junior/senior year activities to support student success/retention efforts.
- Perform other related duties and services as assigned by the Associate Vice President for Student Affairs and Dean of Students.
Qualified applicants should forward a cover letter and resume via email to HROffice@pointpark.edu (preferred) or mail to:
Point Park University
Human Resources Office
201 Wood Street
Pittsburgh, PA 15222
When responding via email please reference - SENIOR DIRECTOR OF STUDENT ENGAGEMENT - in the subject line.
Please submit documents in Rich Text (.txt) Word document (.doc) or Adobe Portable Document Format (.pdf).
All emails submitted will receive an automatic confirmation email. Due to some junk mail filters, the confirmation email may not reach you. To ensure receipt of the confirmation email, utilize the return receipt option built into your email program when sending your information.
NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE. Due to the high volume of resumes received, Point Park University will not be able to respond to inquiries regarding the status of your resume. If we determine that your skills and experience match the position requirements, we will contact you to discuss the opportunity further. If you do not hear from us, we encourage you to revisit our website at www.pointpark.edu for the status of the position and future opportunities.
Point Park University is an Equal Opportunity Employer.