POSITION: SENIOR GRAPHIC DESIGNER
DEPARTMENT: Marketing and Communications
REPORTS TO: Managing Director of Communications and Client Services
Bachelor’s degree in graphic design or communications design, plus a minimum of five years experience in print and online publications and graphics, preferably in a nonprofit or university setting. Ability to think critically and develop advanced, creative designs based on concepts and the target audience is a must. Excellent communication skills: visual, verbal and written. Basic copywriting skills is a plus.
Graphic design, proofing, production and computer publishing experience; proficient with appropriate computer software to oversee the design aspect of publications and advertisements, both in print and online, including Adobe Creative Suite and Flash, is required. Knowledge of Final CutPro and HTML/XHTML is required; working knowledge of Macintosh platform and OS X; Entourage and InDesign CS, Photoshop CS, Illustrator CS, Dreamweaver; knowledge of Microsoft Office applications; experience designing short and multipage documents; experience with photography including digital cameras and scanning; knowledge of typography, style guidelines and graphic standards.
To serve as lead graphic designer and an active member of the marketing and communications team to implement the design and/or production of marketing, advertising, Web (online) and print publication projects related to operations of University departments and schools and in support of enrollment and fundraising efforts.
1. Develop and execute creative concepts for effective recruitment, retention and fundraising communications. Creative efforts include page layout, design and production of internal/external printed and electronic publications including selection of photographs, prepress production of electronic files for release to printers and press checks.
2. Collaborate with internal staff and faculty to develop communications (print and online, including art for websites and social media).
3. Participate in meetings with clients as assigned to discuss communications/design needs.
4. Manage the production life cycle of a project from design development to delivery of finished materials, including sending proofs and receiving feedback from clients as assigned.
5. Collaborate with Marketing and Communications staff on assignments as needed.
6. Effectively manage projects in order to meet deadlines in a timely manner.
7. Communicate with outside vendors on projects as needed.
8. Other related duties as assigned.
Qualified applicants should forward a cover letter and resume via email to HROffice@pointpark.edu (preferred) or mail to:
Point Park University
Human Resources Office
201 Wood Street
Pittsburgh, PA 15222
When responding via email please reference - SENIOR GRAPHIC DESIGNER - in the subject line.
Please submit documents in Rich Text (.txt) Word document (.doc) or Adobe Portable Document Format (.pdf).
All emails submitted will receive an automatic confirmation email. Due to some junk mail filters, the confirmation email may not reach you. To ensure receipt of the confirmation email, utilize the return receipt option built into your email program when sending your information.
NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE. Due to the high volume of resumes received, Point Park University will not be able to respond to inquiries regarding the status of your resume. If we determine that your skills and experience match the position requirements, we will contact you to discuss the opportunity further. If you do not hear from us, we encourage you to revisit our website at www.pointpark.edu for the status of the position and future opportunities.
Point Park University is an Equal Opportunity Employer.