POSITION: SERVER ANALYST
DEPARTMENT: Information Technology Services
REPORTS TO: Director of IT Security and Operations
To assume the primary role of a Server Analyst the position holder should have prior relevant experience, a high energy level, and a commitment to doing “whatever it takes” to meet the needs of the position and support the faculty, staff and students as well as the mission of Point Park University.
- Bachelor’s degree in information science, computer science, or related area (or equivalent combination of education and experience); Experience in the following:
- Planning and performing the installation of network servers using Windows Server 2003 and 2008.
- Ability to install, maintain, and troubleshoot computer network hardware, software, and peripherals.
- Experience managing and maintaining Active Directory user and computer accounts
- Experience managing and maintaining file server permissions and print services
- Ability to develop and write documentation and guides for technical users.
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to work well with others
- Knowledge and experience with server virtualization concepts
- Knowledge and experience with storage area networks
- Knowledge and experience with backup software
- Knowledge of University supported network platforms such as Windows 2003/2008 and OSX 10.6/10.7.
- Ability to script administrative tasks using PowerShell or VBScript
- Analyze and resolve technical problems for established networks and servers.
- Serve as technical specialist during server or network problems and emergencies.
- Install, configure, and maintain network servers and appliances according to established standards.
- Investigate network solutions for short-, medium-, and long-range projects.
- Adhere to existing security policies for all servers and networks.
- Work as a team member with other technical staff, to ensure connectivity and compatibility between systems.
- Work with vendors to resolve complex problems.
- Maintain confidentiality with regard to the information being processed, stored or accessed on the network and servers.
- Document problems and resolutions for future reference.
- Provide documentation, training, and guidance to users as needed.
- Assist network administrator with installs, upgrades, ongoing maintenance of network components.
- Act as technical liaison between IT Operations and other Information Technology Services departments.
- Occasional evening and weekend work in response to needs of the systems being supported.
- Other duties as assigned.
Working conditions are normal for an office environment with some lifting of equipment and cable installation. Work can require extensive durations of time using a computer. Responsibilities require occasional evening and weekend work in response to needs of the systems being supported.
Qualified applicants should forward a cover letter and resume via email to HROffice@pointpark.edu (preferred) or mail to:
Point Park University
Human Resources Office
201 Wood Street
Pittsburgh, PA 15222
When responding via email please reference - SERVER ANALYST - in the subject line.
Please submit documents in Rich Text (.txt) Word document (.doc) or Adobe Portable Document Format (.pdf).
All emails submitted will receive an automatic confirmation email. Due to some junk mail filters, the confirmation email may not reach you. To ensure receipt of the confirmation email, utilize the return receipt option built into your email program when sending your information.
NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE. Due to the high volume of resumes received, Point Park University will not be able to respond to inquiries regarding the status of your resume. If we determine that your skills and experience match the position requirements, we will contact you to discuss the opportunity further. If you do not hear from us, we encourage you to revisit our website at www.pointpark.edu for the status of the position and future opportunities.
Point Park University is an Equal Opportunity Employer.