POSITION: Playhouse Shop Carpenter
REPORTS TO: Shop Foreman
REQUIREMENTS: tech theatre carpentry & welding skills
PRIMARY FUNCTION: Assist with all Playhouse builds. Assist in supervising backstage deck operations for Playhouse productions
- Perform carpentry, welding and light metal fabrication duties in the preparation and construction of scenic elements.
- Assist with the installation and rigging of scenic elements and instruct student crews on the operation of scenic elements.
- Monitor and stay informed of all pertinent emails and communications.
- Monitor rehearsal reports for issues involving scenic elements and changes.
- Work with Shop Foreman in creating a safe and clean working environment.
- Perform routine and special maintenance on stage equipment, shop equipment and stage houses.
- Assist in shop clean up and organization on a daily basis.
- Follow construction procedures as dictated by drawings and/or instructions from TD or Shop Foreman.
- Assist with supervision all apprentice and stagecraft student labor.
- Maintain quality control from student labor.
- Assist with drafting as needed.
- Maintain all scenery during the run of the show.
- Attend all strike calls and assist with supervision of stagecraft student workers.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
Qualified applicants should forward a cover letter and resume via email to HROffice@pointpark.edu (preferred) or mail to:
Point Park University
Human Resources Office
201 Wood Street
Pittsburgh, PA 15222
When responding via email please reference - PLAYHOUSE SHOP CARPENTER - in the subject line.
Please submit documents in Rich Text (.txt) Word document (.doc) or Adobe Portable Document Format (.pdf).
All emails submitted will receive an automatic confirmation email. Due to some junk mail filters, the confirmation email may not reach you. To ensure receipt of the confirmation email, utilize the return receipt option built into your email program when sending your information.
NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE. Due to the high volume of resumes received, Point Park University will not be able to respond to inquiries regarding the status of your resume. If we determine that your skills and experience match the position requirements, we will contact you to discuss the opportunity further. If you do not hear from us, we encourage you to revisit our website at www.pointpark.edu for the status of the position and future opportunities.
Point Park University is an Equal Opportunity Employer.