POSITION: Social Media & Digital Content Intern (Must be a current Point Park student pursuing an undergraduate or graduate degree to apply)
DEPARTMENT: Office of Enrollment Marketing
The Social Media & Digital Content Intern is a hybrid role that will report directly to the Manger of Social Media at Point Park University. We’re looking for someone who is excited, curious and energized to learn ALL aspects of social media.
In this role, you’ll learn and contribute to everything from traditional social media campaign planning, analytics tracking, reporting and analysis to digital content creation including images and video for Facebook, Instagram, Twitter and LinkedIn. The internship is paid and would require 12-15 hours per week for fall and spring semesters, and possibly summer 2015.
We’re looking for someone who can do a little bit of everything and isn’t afraid to be creative. Sound like you? Take a look at more detailed responsibilities below:
- Support the creation of content calendars and planning and contribute to social media campaign planning and execution.
- Take photos, record basic video and develop visual content for a variety of social media platforms including Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn and Instagram.
- Conduct competitive research, assist with social media analytics tracking and reporting, and contribute to ongoing social media analysis.
- Support University-wide social media initiatives and assist as a resource for other departments.
- Provide day-to-day social media monitoring support; assist with building online presence through ongoing interactions with followers and fans.
- Must be a current Point Park student pursuing an undergraduate or graduate degree.
- Basic understanding of how and where social media, content and community management fit into an integrated marketing strategy.
- Familiarity with social media monitoring tools and digital analytics including Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn and Instagram analytics.
- Experience writing for a variety of media, particularly the Web and social media. Excellent grammar and editing skills.
- Proficiency in Excel, Word and PowerPoint.
- Experience working in Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator or InDesign a plus.
- Passionately curious about new and emerging trends, technology and social media platforms.
Qualified applicants should forward a cover letter and resume via email to HROffice@pointpark.edu (preferred) or mail to:
Point Park University
Human Resources Office
201 Wood Street
Pittsburgh, PA 15222
When responding via email please reference - SOCIAL MEDIA & DIGITAL CONTENT INTERN - in the subject line.
Please submit documents in Rich Text (.txt) Word document (.doc) or Adobe Portable Document Format (.pdf).
All emails submitted will receive an automatic confirmation email. Due to some junk mail filters, the confirmation email may not reach you. To ensure receipt of the confirmation email, utilize the return receipt option built into your email program when sending your information.
NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE. Due to the high volume of resumes received, Point Park University will not be able to respond to inquiries regarding the status of your resume. If we determine that your skills and experience match the position requirements, we will contact you to discuss the opportunity further. If you do not hear from us, we encourage you to revisit our website at www.pointpark.edu for the status of the position and future opportunities.
Point Park University is an Equal Opportunity Employer.