POSITION: Staff Accountant
REPORTS TO: Associate Controller
REQUIREMENTS: A Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or related field is required. A minimum of two years related work experience in a higher education, not for profit, or mid-sized company environment is preferred. The applicant must possess excellent computer skills including Microsoft Word and Excel. A working knowledge of network general ledger systems, Access and report writing software is a plus.
PRIMARY FUNCTIONS: Perform various accounting, budget monitoring and assistance with internal and external accounting and reporting functions. Ensure adherence to University policies and generally accepted accounting principles. Have daily interaction with internal customers.
- Audit and review expenditures and make necessary corrections and modifications.
- Monitor expenditures for PA sales and Use tax and prepare related PA sales tax forms.
- Prepare various journal entries, bank reconciliations and perform related data entry into mainframe system.
- Create and/or maintain Excel spreadsheets related to various financial initiatives.
- Assist with various ongoing projects and serve on related committees.
- As needed assist with preparation of budget, forecast, internal and external audit.
- Prepare daily accounting reports.
- Serve as backup for other Business Office staff.
- Prepare bank deposits.
- Other duties as assigned.
Qualified applicants should forward a cover letter and resume via email to HROffice@pointpark.edu (preferred) or mail to:
Point Park University
Human Resources Office
201 Wood Street
Pittsburgh, PA 15222
When responding via email please reference - STAFF ACCOUNTANT - in the subject line.
Please submit documents in Rich Text (.txt) Word document (.doc) or Adobe Portable Document Format (.pdf).
All emails submitted will receive an automatic confirmation email. Due to some junk mail filters, the confirmation email may not reach you. To ensure receipt of the confirmation email, utilize the return receipt option built into your email program when sending your information.
NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE. Due to the high volume of resumes received, Point Park University will not be able to respond to inquiries regarding the status of your resume. If we determine that your skills and experience match the position requirements, we will contact you to discuss the opportunity further. If you do not hear from us, we encourage you to revisit our website at www.pointpark.edu for the status of the position and future opportunities.
Point Park University is an Equal Opportunity Employer.