POSITION: Student Records Clerk IV - Part-time (Union)
DEPARTMENT: Office of the University Registrar
REPORTS TO: AssociateRegistrar
REQUIREMENTS: Bachelor’s Degree Preferred or relevant experience. Minimum two years related work experience, preferably in higher education. Excellent written and verbal communication skills. Student service oriented. Ability to work to established deadlines. Excellent problem solving skills necessary. Must be able to work flexible hours including evenings and Saturdays if necessary. Work schedule is 3 p.m. – 6:00 p.m. Monday thru Thursday. Saturday hours 9:00 a.m. – 1:00 p.m.
PRIMARY FUNCTION: Perform a variety of administrative functions in support of the student records function of the Office of the University Registrar. Responsibilities require a thorough knowledge of department services and functions as well as knowledge of the Buckley Amendment (FERPA) governing the maintenance and processing of student records.
- Greet students, faculty and staff. Answer departmental phones. Respond to student inquiries and direct students to appropriate staff to assist.
- Responsible for distribution of appropriate departmental mail.
- Maintain Emergency Contacts student data and address changes.
- Data entry on all address changes and record change requests.
- File transcript request forms, registration forms, and other student records.
- Maintain strict confidentiality of student records – adhere to the requirements of the Buckley Amendment as it applies to student records.
- Perform special projects or other related duties as assigned.
Qualified applicants should forward a cover letter and resume via email to HROffice@pointpark.edu (preferred) or mail to:
Point Park University
Human Resources Office
201 Wood Street
Pittsburgh, PA 15222
When responding via email please reference - STUDENT RECORDS CLERK - in the subject line.
Please submit documents in Rich Text (.txt) Word document (.doc) or Adobe Portable Document Format (.pdf).
All emails submitted will receive an automatic confirmation email. Due to some junk mail filters, the confirmation email may not reach you. To ensure receipt of the confirmation email, utilize the return receipt option built into your email program when sending your information.
NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE. Due to the high volume of resumes received, Point Park University will not be able to respond to inquiries regarding the status of your resume. If we determine that your skills and experience match the position requirements, we will contact you to discuss the opportunity further. If you do not hear from us, we encourage you to revisit our website at www.pointpark.edu for the status of the position and future opportunities.
Point Park University is an Equal Opportunity Employer.