POSITION: Student Success Coordinator (2 positions available)
REPORTS TO: Director, Center for Student Success, Office of Academic and Student Affairs
REQUIREMENTS: Bachelor’s Degree required - Master’s Degree preferred. Minimum three years related work experience, preferably in a post-secondary academic institution. Excellent written and verbal communication skills. Student academic success oriented. Ability to work to established deadlines. Excellent problem solving skills necessary. Must be able to work flexible hours including some evenings and Saturdays.
PRIMARY FUNCTION: The successful candidate for this position will work in collaboration with faculty in the areas of student advising, registration, and retention processes. Student services will include goal setting, academic planning, and academic obstacle resolution.
- Monitor student academic progress and work in partnership with students and faculty advisors to ensure timely graduation in accordance with the University’s Pathways to Success initiative.
- Assist students in the navigation of the University’s academic policies and procedures in accordance with the student handbook (change of major, course substitutions, courses at another institution, schedule change etc.).
- Collaborate with faculty and staff in academic departments and student service units to address the educational and developmental needs of students.
- Perform special projects or other related duties as assigned.
- Support University-wide retention efforts and utilize Finishline Retention Software to respond to and document student issues and concerns to include: class attendance, academic success and progress, and personal well-being.
- Assist students in transitioning to college-level academics and in learning to balance academic, personal, and work responsibilities.
- Facilitate the registration process for all students to include instruction on the use of PointWeb, Point Park's online student registration portal.
- Work collaboratively with other University offices to connect students to essential University support services and educational, cocorricular, and professional opportunities.
Qualified applicants should forward a cover letter and resume via email to HROffice@pointpark.edu (preferred) or mail to:
Point Park University
Human Resources Office
201 Wood Street
Pittsburgh, PA 15222
When responding via email please reference - STUDENT SUCCESS COORDINATOR - in the subject line.
Please submit documents in Rich Text (.txt) Word document (.doc) or Adobe Portable Document Format (.pdf).
All emails submitted will receive an automatic confirmation email. Due to some junk mail filters, the confirmation email may not reach you. To ensure receipt of the confirmation email, utilize the return receipt option built into your email program when sending your information.
NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE. Due to the high volume of resumes received, Point Park University will not be able to respond to inquiries regarding the status of your resume. If we determine that your skills and experience match the position requirements, we will contact you to discuss the opportunity further. If you do not hear from us, we encourage you to revisit our website at www.pointpark.edu for the status of the position and future opportunities.
Point Park University is an Equal Opportunity Employer.