POSITION: Student Success Coordinator – Disabilities Services, Center for Student Success
REPORTS TO: Director, Center for Student Success, Office of Academic and Student Affairs
Bachelor’s Degree required - Master’s Degree preferred. Minimum three years related work experience with the Americans with Disabilities Amendment Act of 2008 and Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973. Excellent written and verbal communication skills. Student academic success oriented. Ability to work to established deadlines. Excellent problem solving skills necessary. Must be able to work flexible hours including some evenings and Saturdays.
Responsible for providing disability student support services and path to degree completion guidance. The successful candidate for this position will work in collaboration with students, families, and faculty in the areas of reasonable accommodation, student advising, registration, and retention processes. Student services will include goal setting, academic planning, and academic obstacle resolution.
- Monitor student academic progress and work in partnership with students and faculty advisors to ensure timely graduation in accordance with the University’s Pathways to Success initiative.
- Facilitate the registration process for all students to include instruction on the use of PointWeb, Point Park's online student registration portal.
- Assist students in the navigation of the University’s academic policies and procedures in accordance with the student handbook (change of major, course substitutions, courses at another institution, schedule change etc.).
- Support University-wide retention efforts and utilize Finishline Retention Software to respond to and document student issues and concerns to include: class attendance, academic success and progress, and personal well-being.
- Assist students in transitioning to college-level academics and in learning to balance academic, personal, and work responsibilities.
- Work collaboratively with other University offices to connect students to essential University support services and educational, cocorricular, and professional opportunities.
- Help students with disabilities to understand their rights and responsibilities, and serve as a campus advocate to ensure compliance with University and federal policies and procedures; serve as central intake for matters related to student disability laws.
- Clarify, improve, and implement University policies and procedures for requesting, receiving, and communicating disability accommodations
- Facilitate the implementation and use of Accessible Information Management software (AIM).
- Ensure that information is readily available regarding the University’s services, accommodations, and policies related to students with disabilities.
- Work with students with disabilities and faculty to determine and facilitate reasonable accommodations. Update accommodations each semester as needed.
- Maintain accurate records and documentation of accommodation requests and provisions in line with University and federal policies and procedures.
- Assist in the development of student support resources and initiatives.
- Responsible for overseeing student support services and path to degree completion guidance for students receiving accommodations.
- Maintain strict confidentiality of student records – adhere to the requirements of FERPA as it applies to student records.
- Perform special projects or other related duties as assigned.
Qualified applicants should forward a cover letter and resume via email to HROffice@pointpark.edu (preferred) or mail to:
Point Park University
Human Resources Office
201 Wood Street
Pittsburgh, PA 15222
When responding via email please reference - STUDENT SUCCESS COORD - DISABILITY SERVICES - in the subject line.
Please submit documents in Rich Text (.txt) Word document (.doc) or Adobe Portable Document Format (.pdf).
All emails submitted will receive an automatic confirmation email. Due to some junk mail filters, the confirmation email may not reach you. To ensure receipt of the confirmation email, utilize the return receipt option built into your email program when sending your information.
NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE. Due to the high volume of resumes received, Point Park University will not be able to respond to inquiries regarding the status of your resume. If we determine that your skills and experience match the position requirements, we will contact you to discuss the opportunity further. If you do not hear from us, we encourage you to revisit our website at www.pointpark.edu for the status of the position and future opportunities.
Point Park University is an Equal Opportunity Employer.