POSITION: Technology Integration Administrator/Financial Aid Counselor
DEPARTMENT: Student Service Center-Financial Aid Office
REPORTS TO: Director of Financial Aid
Bachelor's degree preferred in computer technology or related field. Able to utilize Microsoft Excel and other Microsoft products to import tables, unduplicated records and perform queries. Powerfaids and Jenzabar experience preferred. Minimum two years of related work experience in financial aid, certification and processing functions, and strong familiarity with PELL, campus-based aid programs, FFELP and/or Direct Loan and State Grant programs;.
Responsible for all of the information data exchange related to financial aid processing; importing and exporting application data, loan payment information and federal grant information. Responsible for maintaining the financial aid software system in relation to admission data; assist students, as needed, regarding financial aid awards and decisions.
1. Import and export ISIR data, loan files, Federal Pell Grant records, Academic Competitiveness Grant, TEACH Grant and the National SMART Grant Program records. Resolves all problems from import to export as necessary.
2. Import admission records and complete data entry as required for processing.
3. Analyze and maintain database of admitted students; reconcile admitted student tracking and deposits and institutional aid advanced. Research discrepancies between databases and correct records accordingly.
4. Responsible for the preparation, uploading and accuracy of admitted student data information and preparing reports of institutional aid spending.
5. Perform initial verification of federal tax information against reported information on the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA).
6. Coordinate routine weekly mailings. Supervise the mailing of information to students.
7. Supervise the Financial Aid Federal Work-Study and Apprenticeship student workers. Establish a schedule and monitor work assignments.
8. Prepare file of financial aid eligibility for billing purposes on an as needed basis.
9. Assist in the reconciliation of the Federal Pell Grant, Academic Competitiveness Grant, National SMART Grant, Pennsylvania State Grant, TEACH and Federal Work-Study expenditures on a routine basis.
10. Assist in the maintenance of federal and alternative loan certifications; perform routine checks of students whose loan funds are not received in a timely fashion. Cancel funds for students who do not enroll.
11. Counsel prospective and enrolled students and parents regarding financial aid availability and eligibility requirements.
12. Serve as a backup to other departmental administrative functions.
13. Update web content for the Financial Aid Office under the direction of the Director of Financial Aid.
14. Perform other related duties as assigned.
Qualified applicants should forward a cover letter and resume via email to HROffice@pointpark.edu (preferred) or mail to:
Point Park University
Human Resources Office
201 Wood Street
Pittsburgh, PA 15222
When responding via email please reference - TECH/FINANCIAL AID COUNSELOR - in the subject line.
Please submit documents in Rich Text (.txt) Word document (.doc) or Adobe Portable Document Format (.pdf).
All emails submitted will receive an automatic confirmation email. Due to some junk mail filters, the confirmation email may not reach you. To ensure receipt of the confirmation email, utilize the return receipt option built into your email program when sending your information.
NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE. Due to the high volume of resumes received, Point Park University will not be able to respond to inquiries regarding the status of your resume. If we determine that your skills and experience match the position requirements, we will contact you to discuss the opportunity further. If you do not hear from us, we encourage you to revisit our website at www.pointpark.edu for the status of the position and future opportunities.