POSITION: University Mental Health Counselor
REPORTS TO: Dean of Student Life; Associate Vice President of Student Affairs, Dean of Students
DEPARTMENT: Student Health and Counseling
REQUIREMENTS: Licensed psychologist/Master's level clinician in the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania with a humanistic orientation to mental health counseling. A minimum of five years of verifiable training and experience working with individuals of diverse racial, cultural, economic and religious backgrounds. A minimum of three years verifiable experience working in a mental health setting with college-age individuals and adults.
Proficiency in individual therapy. Crisis intervention and management experience. Ability to collaborate with other professionals who serve students. Experience working with PCs and Windows-based software.
PRIMARY FUNCTION: Responsible for promoting positive mental health at Point Park University through direct interventions, outreach and prevention programming, consultation, and training to the appropriate campus community members.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provide direct therapy for currently enrolled undergraduate and graduate students experiencing a wide range of difficulties.
- Conduct preventative psychoeducational programming to the campus community.
- Oversee the clearance process with the Associate Vice President of Student Affairs/Dean of Students for students requiring hospitalized mental health evaluations.
- Provide consultation to faculty, staff and parents regarding students of concern.
- Document and maintain proper client files.
- Manage crisis situations and provide crisis interventions.
- Respond to mental health emergencies, both during the day and at night.
SECONDARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provide necessary training to residence life professional and student staff.
- Serve as a member of the emergency/crisis management team.
- Participate in university enrollment and orientation programs.
- Participate in campus-wide university events and programs.
- Maintain student/patient confidentiality as required by law and advocate for students as necessary.
- Perform other duties and responsibilities as deemed necessary by the Associate Vice President of Student Affairs/Dean of Students and the Dean of Student Life.
Qualified applicants should forward a cover letter and resume via email to HROffice@pointpark.edu (preferred) or mail to:
Point Park University
Human Resources Office
201 Wood Street
Pittsburgh, PA 15222
When responding via email please reference - UNIVERSITY MENTAL HEALTH COUNSELOR - in the subject line.
Please submit documents in Rich Text (.txt) Word document (.doc) or Adobe Portable Document Format (.pdf).
All emails submitted will receive an automatic confirmation email. Due to some junk mail filters, the confirmation email may not reach you. To ensure receipt of the confirmation email, utilize the return receipt option built into your email program when sending your information.
NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE. Due to the high volume of resumes received, Point Park University will not be able to respond to inquiries regarding the status of your resume. If we determine that your skills and experience match the position requirements, we will contact you to discuss the opportunity further. If you do not hear from us, we encourage you to revisit our website at www.pointpark.edu for the status of the position and future opportunities.
Point Park University is an Equal Opportunity Employer.