POSITION: Video & Multimedia Editor (part-time)
REPORTS TO: Manager of Web Services, Office of Enrollment Marketing
HOURS: 20 hours/week, flexible schedule with possible evening and weekend work
Point Park brings a unique energy and vitality to our part of Downtown Pittsburgh. Each of our 3,841 students has an interesting story to tell. Our faculty members bring real-world experience and academic rigor into their classrooms, labs, studios and stages. Our campus is Pittsburgh, a world-class city offering endless opportunities. The Office of Enrollment Marketing is seeking a part-time Video & Multimedia Editor to help share Point Park University’s compelling stories with prospective students.
As a member of the Enrollment Marketing team, the Video & Multimedia Editor will play a critical role in helping to achieve the University’s admissions goals through the creation of engaging multimedia and video content that will live on the University’s owned social media channels as well as on pointpark.edu. The Video & Multimedia Editor will work as a member of the Enrollment Marketing Office to promote Point Park University, drive engagement and support student recruitment through the production of video and multimedia content.
This part-time position may require some evening and weekend hours, and schedule can be flexible based on needs. In addition to brainstorming, planning, filming and editing video and multimedia content, this position will also be responsible for coordinating multimedia vendors as needed to supplement multimedia needs, digital archiving, as well as management of video content on Point Park University’s YouTube channel.
- Bachelor’s degree in cinema production, graphic design, multimedia, communications, marketing or a related field and a minimum of 1-2 years of professional experience working in the electronic media production field.
- Candidates should submit a link to a portfolio or specific examples of video and multimedia work, including a brief description of their role in the project.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks, schedule, organize and meet specific deadlines, keen digital archiving skills, professional demeanor, and ability to collaborate with a variety of team members of varying skills as well as work independently.
- Ability to manage and mentor a student video worker for approximately 10-12 hours a week to assist with video shoots, editing, archiving and other duties.
- Experience working in a variety of multimedia formats and programs, including but not limited to the Adobe editing suite, including Premiere Pro, After Effects and Photoshop. Experience working with camera, audio and lighting equipment required.
- Experience executing and editing multi-camera shoots, slow motion, time-lapse, and motion graphics is preferred.
Occasional lifting of equipment and objects up to 50 lbs. Ability to carry and set up necessary technical equipment to complete video shoots.
The Video & Multimedia Editor will collaborate with members of the Enrollment Marketing team to coordinate the development, production, editing and distribution of digital video and multimedia projects. Under the direction of the Manager of Web Services, the Video & Multimedia Editor will work to create compelling video and multimedia content to enhance the University’s web presence and support University recruitment goals.
- Develop and execute strategy for creative, compelling and highly sharable multimedia content to support Point Park’s enrollment goals. Proven ability to provide unique storytelling and perspective through multimedia and video content.
- Shoot, edit and produce videos for use on pointpark.edu, our official social media channels, and at student recruitment events/activities. Shoot still photos as needed for multimedia presentation. Utilize archived video footage for new projects.
- Coordinate multimedia vendors as needed to supplement multimedia needs, conveying assignments, coordinating the review of rough cuts, providing feedback, reviewing final cuts for updates and accuracy, along with the correct use of Point Park logo and marks.
- Supervise a student video worker, approximately 10-12 hours per week, to assist with video shoots, editing, archiving and other duties as they arise.
- Manage Point Park’s official YouTube channel, including uploading approved videos, creating playlists, managing private videos and handling user comments.
- Manage video and photos within the website virtual tour.
- Develop and manage a marketing multimedia archive, including footage from vendors and content created in-house.
Qualified applicants should forward a cover letter and resume via email to HROffice@pointpark.edu (preferred) or mail to:
Point Park University
Human Resources Office
201 Wood Street
Pittsburgh, PA 15222
When responding via email please reference - VIDEO & MULTIMEDIA EDITOR - in the subject line.
Please submit documents in Rich Text (.txt) Word document (.doc) or Adobe Portable Document Format (.pdf).
All emails submitted will receive an automatic confirmation email. Due to some junk mail filters, the confirmation email may not reach you. To ensure receipt of the confirmation email, utilize the return receipt option built into your email program when sending your information.
NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE. Due to the high volume of resumes received, Point Park University will not be able to respond to inquiries regarding the status of your resume. If we determine that your skills and experience match the position requirements, we will contact you to discuss the opportunity further. If you do not hear from us, we encourage you to revisit our website at www.pointpark.edu for the status of the position and future opportunities.
Point Park University is an Equal Opportunity Employer.