POSITION: Visit Coordinator (Local 32BJ Union position)
DEPARTMENT: Office of Full-time Admissions
REPORTS TO: Director, Admissions Support Team
Associate’s degree or equivalent college credits (bachelor’s preferred), technical school training in secretarial and/or computer background or equivalent experience in higher education. Experience in college admissions (preferred).
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, and customer service skills for both internal and external audiences a must.
- Maintain high-level program knowledge base to effectively answer questions.
- Attention to detail and accuracy a must.
- Must be able to utilize technology and various forms of e-communication to inform and engage others.
- Must be able to multi-task and maintain focus on those tasks and be a self-starter who can work with little supervision.
- Must be able to manage multiple tasks and competing priorities.
- Proficiency in Windows Operating Systems with expertise in Microsoft Office products including Word, Outlook and Excel required.
The Campus Visit Coordinator shall lead the Full-Time Undergraduate Admissions Office in developing a formal campus visit program that will include planning and organizing daily scheduling of individual tours and campus visit inquiries. Additionally, this position is responsible for various administrative support duties necessary for the recruitment and admission of incoming students within the Office of Admissions. This position serves as an integral part of the Admissions Support Team maintaining an advanced level of knowledge. Duties include answering the telephone, scheduling all visit appointments, greeting prospective students and their families, and assisting with logging and distributing mail and with the data entry of applications for admissions as needed.
- Manage daily campus visit requests / inquiries, providing potential visitors with additional information, scheduling assistance, and prompt follow-up.
- Use Microsoft Outlook to coordinate on-campus visits. This includes scheduling the appointment that will encompass an admission interview and campus tour. It can also encompass a meeting with financial aid, meeting with academic department of interest, observing a class, and lunch. This position will solidify and build a well-rounded campus visit schedule for each appointment.
- Set the standard for exceptional customer service practices by providing outstanding service to all prospective students, enrolled students and University constituents by greeting prospective students and their families upon their arrival to campus.
- Answer all calls on the toll-free and main department extension lines and route accordingly.
- Establish and maintain effective relationships with staff and faculty within the University.
- Build and send confirmation letters and emails weekly to prospective students and their families who will be visiting the campus. Complete confirmation appointment phone calls day prior to meetings to all necessary parties.
- Work collaboratively with webmaster and other staff to develop effective marketing campaigns, materials, and communications designed to promote the campus visit program.
- Updating daily visit slide in Welcome Center daily.
- Use the JRM software to verify data to callers questioning receipt of application items.
- Maintain the appearance and cleanliness of the Welcome Center on a daily basis.
- Build strong working relationships with academic program partners and other University offices to streamline major campus-wide events available to prospective students including summer camps offered by schools within the University such as Summer Dance intensive, Forensic Science summer camp, Journalism workshop, etc.
- Serve as backup to secretary to log and distribute mail. This includes differentiating between official, unofficial, final or transcripts that aren’t final and processing that transcript and/or entering it into Jenzabar requirements accordingly.
- Serve as backup to Database coordinator as necessary to enter both the Jenzabar Admissions and Registration modules to enter tuition deposits for new, incoming students.
- Evaluate visit program success through frequent assessment; collaborate with Data Manager in order to provide reports to supervisor highlighting successes and recommendations for improvements.
- Excellent note-taking skills necessary to generate office correspondence, including weekly staff meeting minutes and retreat minutes with calls to action.
- Assist other members of the support team and counseling staff with projects as necessary and appropriate.
- Must be able to work one late night per week until 6 p.m. as well as the occasional Saturday. Twice yearly during “peak” week, you will work until 6:30 p.m. on your assigned late night. Assistance in on-campus events as applicable may require occasional later hours on week nights Saturdays with advanced notice.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
When responding via email please reference - VISIT COORDINATOR - in the subject line.
Please submit documents in Rich Text (.txt) Word document (.doc) or Adobe Portable Document Format (.pdf).
All emails submitted will receive an automatic confirmation email. Due to some junk mail filters, the confirmation email may not reach you. To ensure receipt of the confirmation email, utilize the return receipt option built into your email program when sending your information.
NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE. Due to the high volume of resumes received, Point Park University will not be able to respond to inquiries regarding the status of your resume. If we determine that your skills and experience match the position requirements, we will contact you to discuss the opportunity further. If you do not hear from us, we encourage you to revisit our website at www.pointpark.edu for the status of the position and future opportunities.
Point Park University is an Equal Opportunity Employer.