Position: Web Developer
Reports to: Web Services Administrator, Office of Enrollment Marketing
Overview: Point Park and our 3,841 students bring a unique energy and vitality to Downtown Pittsburgh. Our faculty members bring real-world experience and academic rigor into their classrooms, labs, studios and stages. Our campus is Pittsburgh, a world-class city offering endless opportunities.
We have an immediate need for a web developer to manage the technical aspects of the University’s external website, PointPark.edu. For the right person, this will be a dynamic opportunity to shape the University’s website from the ground up, with an emphasis on user-friendly navigation and functionality. PointPark.edu has a good flow of great content. We need an innovative developer to help us deliver that content in interactive, creative and engaging ways to allow prospective students and their families to explore Point Park as a college option.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, multimedia or a related field with a minimum of 3 years of professional web development experience
- At least 2 years of technical experience developing for content managed websites
- Solid understanding and experience implementing technical best practices for SEO
- Solid understanding and experience implementing technical best practices for website accessibility per Section 508 of the U.S. Rehabilitation Act and WCAG 2.0 guidelines, and any other applicable accessibility regulations.
- Strong desire to develop responsive and future friendly web solutions across an array of devices, and measure their results
- Strong visual design and usability acumen
- Ability to maintain positive and collaborative relationships with Enrollment Marketing online team members, students, staff and faculty
- Excellent communication skills
- Professional experience in a higher education environment
- Proficiency in a Microsoft .NET environment
- Intermediate server-side scripting knowledge, with tools like PHP, .NET, T-SQL, XML, and JSON
- Ability to leverage APIs to seamlessly integrate data
- Experience redesigning and launching large websites
- Familiarity with Google Maps API
- Experience working with marketing/communications professionals
Primary Function: The web developer will serve as the technical lead for Point Park’s primary website and is a member of the Enrollment Marketing online team. The developer will work with all offices within Enrollment Management to enhance the website in support of the University’s enrollment goals. The position also will support the many other University business functions that the website serves.
- Manages technical aspects of website performance and function following best practices, including programming, security, quality assurance and administration.
- Manages technical aspects of the content management system, including upgrades; acts as liaison with CMS vendor.
- Develops CMS templates that comply with University style and graphic standards.
- Troubleshoots CMS and compatibility issues across multiple browsers and platforms.
- Develops/programs creative digital solutions in response to specific needs/requests from offices and departments across all University departments and offices.
- Ensures use of technical best practices to support web data measurement, Google Analytics in particular.
- Coordinates with Office of Information Technology Services on network and systems administration and routine maintenance of website servers, including software updates.
- Works with ITS staff as needed to integrate web functions/content with other Point Park systems, such as digital signage, events management system, and Active Directory.
- Works collaboratively and creatively in customer-service environment with an end user focus.
Qualified applicants should forward a cover letter and resume via email to HROffice@pointpark.edu (preferred) or mail to:
Point Park University
Human Resources Office
201 Wood Street
Pittsburgh, PA 15222
When responding via email please reference - WEB DEVELOPER - in the subject line.
Please submit documents in Rich Text (.txt) Word document (.doc) or Adobe Portable Document Format (.pdf).
All emails submitted will receive an automatic confirmation email. Due to some junk mail filters, the confirmation email may not reach you. To ensure receipt of the confirmation email, utilize the return receipt option built into your email program when sending your information.
NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE. Due to the high volume of resumes received, Point Park University will not be able to respond to inquiries regarding the status of your resume. If we determine that your skills and experience match the position requirements, we will contact you to discuss the opportunity further. If you do not hear from us, we encourage you to revisit our website at www.pointpark.edu for the status of the position and future opportunities.
Point Park University is an Equal Opportunity Employer.