POSITION: Web Systems Analyst
DEPARTMENT: Center for Information Technology Services
REPORTS TO: Administrative Systems Manager, Information Technology
To increase usage and functionality of existing web based systems including but not limited to JICS (the student Portal), Ad Astra, PowerFaids Web Client and Net Partner, Informz, NelNet and the Point Park Intranet.
Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience in related field required. The incumbent will have prior web development or management experience, a sense of urgency, a high energy level, and a commitment to doing “whatever it takes”. Excellent written and verbal communication skills are necessary. Some experience with C#, .net and SQL preferred.
- Provide administrative systems support to existing and new users
- Serve the needs of internal clients by addressing needs centering on web-based initiatives
- Participate in the needs analysis, implementation, and testing of existing and new administrative web systems
- JICS support, upgrades, and ongoing development
- 3rd party integrations to administration web-based systems; support, upgrades, and ongoing development
- Powerfaids and Netpartner support and upgrades
- Understanding and support of Informz platform
- Understand client business processes and suggest solutions for workflow improvements
- Intranet support and development
- Develop support documentation to assist users
- Participate in the internal user group
- Participate in the development of usage policies
- Maintain documentation and procedural information
- Attend meetings, conferences, and training classes as needed
- Function as a member of the Information Technology team
- Investigate emerging technologies
- Assist the Director and team members with special projects as needed
Qualified applicants should forward a cover letter and resume via email to HROffice@pointpark.edu (preferred) or mail to:
Point Park University
Human Resources Office
201 Wood Street
Pittsburgh, PA 15222
When responding via email please reference - WEB SYSTEMS ANALYST - in the subject line.
Please submit documents in Rich Text (.txt) Word document (.doc) or Adobe Portable Document Format (.pdf).
All emails submitted will receive an automatic confirmation email. Due to some junk mail filters, the confirmation email may not reach you. To ensure receipt of the confirmation email, utilize the return receipt option built into your email program when sending your information.
NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE. Due to the high volume of resumes received, Point Park University will not be able to respond to inquiries regarding the status of your resume. If we determine that your skills and experience match the position requirements, we will contact you to discuss the opportunity further. If you do not hear from us, we encourage you to revisit our website at www.pointpark.edu for the status of the position and future opportunities.