POSITION: Work Order Coordinator - Internal Applicants Only
DEPARTMENT: Physical Plant
REPORTS TO: Director of Operations
- Must have a minimum of a high school diploma or equivalent
- Must have a minimum of 2 – 5 years exposure to the construction/maintenance industry.
- Knowledge of HVAC, plumbing and electric is preferred.
- Must be organized and proficient with Microsoft Windows, Office and Internet Explorer and have the ability to use basic computer programs.
- Ability to multitask in a fast-paced University environment.
- Should receive training on the correct utilization of all software and materials associated with the duties of the position.
- Should attend seminars related to the duties and responsibilities of the position, as appropriate.
- General physical abilities to perform the administrative functions of the position.
- Ability to lift a minimum of 15 pounds.
Reasonable accommodation and modification, including adaptive devices, will be made to allow any person with a disability to perform the duties of the position.
PRIMARY FUNCTION: To help Point Park maintain all leased or owned properties to the University’s set expectation, while paying key attention to timely response to work orders and organizing the work order system.
- The Work Order Coordinator is expected to “touch” each active work order in the system at least once a week, making notes and updates on each order regarding progress.
- The Coordinator will answer incoming phone calls related to work orders or concerns, problems or complaints regarding same.
- The Coordinator will be responsible for closing completed work orders in a timely fashion.
- From time to time, the Director of Operations or Vice President of Operations may present a task related to the Maintenance or Construction (e.g. phone calls, emails, scanning or reports).
- The Coordinator will prepare reports and attend weekly meetings related to work order status and provide progress updates on action items.
- The Coordinator will provide training to all employees and customers yearly on the Corrigo work order system.
- The Coordinator will be responsible for assigning priority and responsible parties for completion of work orders.
- From time to time, the Coordinator will be responsible for assigning work to or obtaining proposals from third party subcontractors for projects.
- The Coordinator will oversee payroll and attendance records for the Physical Plant staff.
- The Coordinator will be responsible for overseeing the campus key system and key software.
- Assist other members of the Physical Plant staff as needed.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Vice President/Director of Operations.
*Internal Applicants Only*
Qualified applicants should forward a cover letter and resume via email to HROffice@pointpark.edu (preferred) or mail to:
Point Park University
Human Resources Office
201 Wood Street
Pittsburgh, PA 15222
When responding via email please reference - WORK ORDER COORDINATOR - in the subject line.
Please submit documents in Rich Text (.txt) Word document (.doc) or Adobe Portable Document Format (.pdf).
All emails submitted will receive an automatic confirmation email. Due to some junk mail filters, the confirmation email may not reach you. To ensure receipt of the confirmation email, utilize the return receipt option built into your email program when sending your information.
NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE. Due to the high volume of resumes received, Point Park University will not be able to respond to inquiries regarding the status of your resume. If we determine that your skills and experience match the position requirements, we will contact you to discuss the opportunity further. If you do not hear from us, we encourage you to revisit our website at www.pointpark.edu for the status of the position and future opportunities.
Point Park University is an Equal Opportunity Employer.