POSITION: Administrative Assistant,
DEPARTMENT: Office of Academic and Student Affairs
REPORTS TO: Executive Assistant to the Vice President
Bachelors degree preferred or equivalent related experience. Minimum of 3 years experience in an educational environment. Must be student success oriented. Excellent customer service, interpersonal and communication skills required. Microsoft Office knowledge required.
Provide administrative support of the Office of Academic and Student Affairs. Maintain task assignments and their functions. Manage inter-office communications, meet and greet visitors, and direct inquiries to appropriate personnel. Schedule, attend and take minutes for operational area committee meetings.
- Serve as the first point of contact for visitors entering the Office of Academic and Student Affairs
- Provide Administrative support for the Office of Academic and Student Affairs
- Coordinate Office activities to support those of other administrative areas, such as the President’s Office or School Deans
- Manage the telephone and electronic communications of the office
- Coordinate and schedule operational area meetings, special events and other events as required
- Create, transcribe, and distribute meeting agendas and minutes
- Maintain knowledge of University policy and procedures
- Direct inquiries of students, faculty, staff and visitors to appropriate areas
- Establish communication procedures between academic administration and adjunct faculty, including maintaining the Adjunct Handbook
- Support staff in assigned project-based work
- Collect and maintain inventory of office equipment and supplies
- Arrange for repair and maintenance of all office equipment
- Collect, sort, and distribute incoming correspondence, including regular mail, email and faxes
- Serve as back-up to the Executive Assistant to the Vice President
- Other duties as assigned
Qualified applicants should forward a letter of application and resume via email to HROffice@pointpark.edu (preferred) or mail to:
Point Park University
Human Resources Office
201 Wood Street
Pittsburgh, PA 15222
When responding via email please reference - ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT - ACADEMIC & STUDENT AFFAIRS - in the subject line.
Please submit documents in Rich Text (.txt) Word document (.doc) or Adobe Portable Document Format (.pdf).
All emails submitted will receive an automatic confirmation email. Due to some junk mail filters, the confirmation email may not reach you. To ensure receipt of the confirmation email, utilize the return receipt option built into your email program when sending your information.
NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE. Due to the high volume of resumes received, Point Park University will not be able to respond to inquiries regarding the status of your resume. If we determine that your skills and experience match the position requirements, we will contact you to discuss the opportunity further. If you do not hear from us, we encourage you to revisit our website at www.pointpark.edu for the status of the position and future opportunities.