POSITION: Career Counselor - Part-Time
REPORTS TO: Director of Career Development
REQUIREMENTS: Bachelor’s degree; Experience in higher education and working with students; Skilled in event planning and marketing events; computer literate with working knowledge of Microsoft Office applications.
PRIMARY FUNCTION: Responsible for advising and counseling students and alumni concerning career planning and employment opportunities in order for students to explore career options, engage in self-assessment, obtain occupational information and present themselves effectively as candidates.
- Serve as the Conservatory of Performing Arts Career Counselor.
- Counsel students and alumni concerning careers and employment and input appointment notes into the Handshake system for tracking and data purposes.
- Assist with for-credit internship appointments and tracking of internships.
- Provide feedback to students on resumes, cover letters, and other internship and job application materials.
- Provide activities and programs for students relating to career development.
- Provide support for the Handshake system, career development website, and interact with employers, accepting and posting various job postings.
- Oversee the departmental website and social media sites
- Develop marketing materials for departmental events (i.e. job fairs, workshops).
- Instruct students and alumni in the use of the department’s resources.
- Manage and train work-study students assigned to the department.
- Plan the Annual Etiquette Dinner and Senior Week Networking event as well as assist with planning of other events as needed.
- Attend open houses, classroom presentations, and orientation programs.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Director of Career Development.
Qualified applicants should forward a cover letter and resume via email to HROffice@pointpark.edu (preferred) or mail to:
Point Park University
Human Resources Office
201 Wood Street
Pittsburgh, PA 15222
When responding via email please reference - CAREER COUNSELOR - in the subject line.
Please submit documents in Rich Text (.txt) Word document (.doc) or Adobe Portable Document Format (.pdf).
All emails submitted will receive an automatic confirmation email. Due to some junk mail filters, the confirmation email may not reach you. To ensure receipt of the confirmation email, utilize the return receipt option built into your email program when sending your information.
NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE. Due to the high volume of resumes received, Point Park University will not be able to respond to inquiries regarding the status of your resume. If we determine that your skills and experience match the position requirements, we will contact you to discuss the opportunity further. If you do not hear from us, we encourage you to revisit our website at www.pointpark.edu for the status of the position and future opportunities.
Point Park University is an Equal Opportunity Employer.