POSITION: Coordinator, Curriculum and Assessment
DEPARTMENT: Academic and Student Affairs
REPORTS TO: Associate Vice President
Bachelor’s degree required. Excellent organizational and communication skills required. Advanced Technical skills: Microsoft Office Suite, Blackboard, WebEx, and Content Management systems. Ability to work collaboratively and collegially with administration, staff and faculty. Excellent information literacy skills required. Knowledge of student learning assessment a plus. At least 3 years experience working in a higher education environment required.
Responsible to assist in the coordination and management of curriculum and assessment activities that are directed by the Associate Vice President in order to contribute to the University’s Academic Excellence and Quality Student Experience initiatives.
- Work with the Associate Vice President to coordinate the university’s assessment of student learning initiatives
- Assists in implementing strategies to conduct academic program reviews, general education assessment, and other outcomes assessment processes.
- Maintain and update assessment of student learning information on Blackboard, the Intranet and Internet
- Create Word, Excel and file management systems for all curriculum and assessment changes
- Work with the Associate Vice President to coordinate faculty orientations and professional development sessions
- Review academic policy and procedure systems and implement appropriate changes as directed by the Associate Vice President
- Work closely with the Associate Vice President in coordinating accreditation and compliance events and reports
- Establish communication procedures between academic administration and adjunct faculty, including maintaining the Adjunct Handbook
- Work with other units, such as Institutional Research, in order to contribute to a culture of assessment and academic excellence
- Other duties as assigned
Qualified applicants should forward a letter of application and resume via email to HROffice@pointpark.edu (preferred) or mail to:
Point Park University
Human Resources Office
201 Wood Street
Pittsburgh, PA 15222
When responding via email please reference - COORDINATOR, CURRICULUM & ASSESSMENT - in the subject line.
Please submit documents in Rich Text (.txt) Word document (.doc) or Adobe Portable Document Format (.pdf).
All emails submitted will receive an automatic confirmation email. Due to some junk mail filters, the confirmation email may not reach you. To ensure receipt of the confirmation email, utilize the return receipt option built into your email program when sending your information.
NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE. Due to the high volume of resumes received, Point Park University will not be able to respond to inquiries regarding the status of your resume. If we determine that your skills and experience match the position requirements, we will contact you to discuss the opportunity further. If you do not hear from us, we encourage you to revisit our website at www.pointpark.edu for the status of the position and future opportunities.