POSITION: Coordinator of Phonathon
REPORTS TO: Manager of Annual Giving
REQUIREMENTS: Bachelor's degree. Experience in an academic setting, fund-raising environment, call center or related background preferred. Experience with departmental budgets. Must have excellent communication, organizational and analytical skills; ability to handle multiple tasks and meet deadlines; high level of energy, initiative, and creativity; familiarity with volunteer or other management; attention to detail; results oriented; proficient in MS Office, particularly with MS Excel and report-generating software. Experience and competence with DonorPro or other fund-raising software preferred. The ability to work independently and as part of a team required. Must possess high level of confidentiality, supervisory skills and good judgment ability. Must be willing to work a flexible schedule during fall and spring semesters, including evenings and weekends; and, dedicate vacation time during non-calling days of year.
PRIMARY FUNCTION: Phonathon Coordinator is responsible for the planning and management of successful phonathon program in order to achieve yearly goals.
- Serve as Account Executive for phonathon campaign to alumni, friends, parents, and other donors and prospects.
- Run reports of segmented phonathon results, and evaluate and analyze phonathon results toward goals, recommending course corrections as necessary.
- Manage and maintain departmental budget projections and reconciliations.
- Write and edit correspondence related to phonathon.
- Ensure all prospects receive appropriate pledge reminder information and all donors receive proper acknowledgements.
- Collaborate with Human Resources Department, and other university departments, to hire student callers for every phonathon session.
- Supervise student callers, including but not limited to maintaining prudent HR practices, efficiently scheduling callers, supervising calling sessions, etc.
- Collaborate with Marketing and Communications Department and other university departments, to ensure that student callers are abreast on most current information regarding University.
- Collaborate with Alumni Affairs Office and other appropriate departments to develop and maintain system of sharing alumni information learned through phonathon calls.
- Prepare and organize reports and call sheets for phonathon call sessions.
- Enter appropriate information from call sessions into donor records in DonorPro.
- Utilize good judgment in notifying supervisor of important information resulting from call sessions, regarding student callers, donors, prospects or otherwise.
- Calls to prospects and donors as needed, such as pledge verification.
- Ensure confidentiality of prospect, donor and student caller information, and PCI Compliance.
- Work in collaboration with University Advancement department to plan calling sessions and segmentations.
- Ensure equipment and supply needs are met for call center.
- Review and revise calling scripts as needed.
- Maintain a professional yet fun atmosphere in the call center.
- Work collaboratively with development team to execute strategies that achieve Annual Fund for Student Success.
- Maintain ongoing knowledge of philanthropic, annual giving and phonathon trends.
- Support activities of University Advancement department on special projects as assigned and participate in university events as necessary and/or assigned.
- Willingness to work evenings and weekends, including Sunday through Thursday, 1 to 9 p.m. during most of the academic year.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
Qualified applicants should forward a cover letter and resume via email to HROffice@pointpark.edu (preferred) or mail to:
Point Park University
Human Resources Office
201 Wood Street
Pittsburgh, PA 15222
When responding via email please reference - COORDINATOR OF PHONATHON - in the subject line.
Please submit documents in Rich Text (.txt) Word document (.doc) or Adobe Portable Document Format (.pdf).
All emails submitted will receive an automatic confirmation email. Due to some junk mail filters, the confirmation email may not reach you. To ensure receipt of the confirmation email, utilize the return receipt option built into your email program when sending your information.
NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE. Due to the high volume of resumes received, Point Park University will not be able to respond to inquiries regarding the status of your resume. If we determine that your skills and experience match the position requirements, we will contact you to discuss the opportunity further. If you do not hear from us, we encourage you to revisit our website at www.pointpark.edu for the status of the position and future opportunities.