POSITION: Coordinator of International Student Services and Enrollment
DEPARTMENT: Office of International Student Services & Enrollment
REPORTS TO: Director of International Student Services & Enrollment
The individual in this position has multiple roles and tasks – serving as a Coordinator for the International Student Services & Enrollment (ISSE) as well as providing a wide range of general assistance and support to the Director for tasks that relate to international student recruitment, programming, cultural adjustment, retention, community relations, and campus wide cultural sensitivity and global awareness.
- Bachelor's degree, Master’s preferred
- Two years of experience in international student advising or a combination of international student advising and experience in international education.
- Knowledge of SEVIS regulations and experience working with the SEVIS database
- Must be U.S citizen or permanent resident per Department of Homeland Security regulations.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills with cross-cultural sensitivity; ability to work with students and scholars from diverse cultural backgrounds
- A strong commitment to being a team member of a comprehensive international education services center, along with demonstrated ability to work with little supervision.
- Must be able to function independently, be motivated, and show good judgment in leadership and conflict resolution skills.
- International experience such as studying, working, living or traveling abroad and skills in a foreign language, preferred.
- Accuracy and attention to detail
- Some evening and weekend work may be required.
- Prior experience in programming for international audiences in order to provide transition and retention benefits to incoming International students and general population, including but not limited to: New Student Orientation and cultural programming with other Student Affairs Offices on campus.
DUTIES: The responsibilities for this position include, but are not limited to, the following:
International Admission and Student Affairs Responsibilities
- Supervise student assistants for various projects and provide functional supervision to be exercised over support staff.
- Correspond with prospective students and their families in person, by telephone, and email.
- Oversee the student arrival process and ensure that students' pre-departure needs are met
- Maintain inventory of documents related to student advising
- Assist with foreign credentials evaluation and conversion to US equivalents.
- Maintain website and provide updates as related to the international student population.
- Create weekly, monthly and year-end admission reports as needed.
- Serve as the Admissions Module Manager for a campus wide enrollment management system. This includes maintaining the database, keeping duplicate records to a minimum, ensuring data is correct and consistent, providing training to new users, and working with the Center for Information Technology Services when module is upgraded.
- Other related duties as requested.
SEVIS II Responsibilities
- Monitor the interface between the University system and SEVIS including data input and student information updates. Meet with various departments such as Records and Registration, Undergraduate and Graduate Enrollment, Business Services, and Health Services periodically to ensure data integrity.
- Monitor the SEVIS alerts, lists, and run SEVIS reports. Follow up with international students and scholars to make all necessary updates and corrections which are vital to maintain immigration status and university compliance.
- Manage SEVIS II Phase One Implementation including institutional scans of areas of Point Park that would be affected by SEVIS II changes, forming an implementation if necessary, developing the process of handling internal migration of data, initial customer accounts to acquire Immigration Identification Numbers (IIN) and working with students, offices and exchange visitors to correct data and SEVIS history. Candidate must become familiar with all technical changes of SEVIS II. Must become familiar with all technical changes of SEVIS II.
- Other related duties as requested.
Qualified applicants should forward a cover letter and resume via email to HROffice@pointpark.edu (preferred) or mail to:
Point Park University
Human Resources Office
201 Wood Street
Pittsburgh, PA 15222
When responding via email please reference - COORDINATOR/INTL. STUDENT SERVICES & ENROLLMENT - in the subject line.
Please submit documents in Rich Text (.txt) Word document (.doc) or Adobe Portable Document Format (.pdf).
All emails submitted will receive an automatic confirmation email. Due to some junk mail filters, the confirmation email may not reach you. To ensure receipt of the confirmation email, utilize the return receipt option built into your email program when sending your information.
NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE. Due to the high volume of resumes received, Point Park University will not be able to respond to inquiries regarding the status of your resume. If we determine that your skills and experience match the position requirements, we will contact you to discuss the opportunity further. If you do not hear from us, we encourage you to revisit our website at www.pointpark.edu for the status of the position and future opportunities.