POSITION: DIRECTOR OF FINANCE/CONTROLLER
DEPARTMENT: Business Office
REPORTS TO: Vice President Finance & Administration
CPA plus bachelor’s degree in accounting is required. Minimum five years progressive experience in general accounting and financial analysis, (preferably within higher education) and with supervisory responsibilities; experience with computer accounting systems, as well as spreadsheet and word processing software.
Experience must include financial analysis and projects, costing, general accounting and experience implementing policies and procedures. Excellent organization, analytical, strong oral and written communication skills, and ability to interact professionally with the University community.
The Director of Finance/Controller will oversee the daily operations, controller functions and financial analysis projects. The major functions of this position center in the following areas:
- General Accounting
- Financial Analysis and Projects
- Financial Reporting
- Cost Accounting
- Accounts Payable
1. Responsible for internal and external financial reporting of the University.
2. Provide key financial analysis to management to assist in operational decision-making. Complete core financial analysis (e.g. metrics, ratios, trends, etc.), prepare reports summarizing results, and distributes throughout University.
3. Preparation of cost/benefit analysis for miscellaneous projects.
4. Coordinate preparation for the annual audit, including development of comprehensive year-end closing package.
5. Oversee Accounts Payable area
6. Work with Assistant Vice President of Finance to develop a Policies and Procedures Manual for financial and Business Office systems. This will also entail the identification of internal control weaknesses and the development of adequate controls.
7. Prepare reports as directed for the Quarterly Finance Committee, Investment Committee, and Semi-annual Audit Committee Meetings of the Board of Trustees.
8. Supervise the preparation of the year-end consolidated Financial Statements and other required financial reports, including calculation and posting of allocations, reserves, and accruals, and coordinating finances of University's auxiliary enterprises and reporting departments.
9. Provide support to the external audit process including: answering inquiries, preparing back-up schedules/documentation, and acting as a liaison to other University personnel and departments.
10. Prepare/review annual Form 990 tax return.
11. Develop, communicate, implement, and monitor the University's accounting and financial reporting policies, procedures, and processes. Monitor accounting standards and federal and state legislation to ensure changes are made to University guidelines when required.
12. Supervise Business Office staff, including but not limited to development of objectives and performance reviews.
13. Manage calculation, reporting, and compliance with debt covenants.
14. Perform other related duties as assigned.
Qualified applicants should forward a letter of application and resume via email to HROffice@pointpark.edu (preferred) or mail to:
Point Park University
Human Resources Office
201 Wood Street
Pittsburgh, PA 15222
When responding via email please reference - DIRECTOR OF FINANCE - in the subject line.
Please submit documents in Rich Text (.txt) Word document (.doc) or Adobe Portable Document Format (.pdf).
All emails submitted will receive an automatic confirmation email. Due to some junk mail filters, the confirmation email may not reach you. To ensure receipt of the confirmation email, utilize the return receipt option built into your email program when sending your information.
NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE. Due to the high volume of resumes received, Point Park University will not be able to respond to inquiries regarding the status of your resume. If we determine that your skills and experience match the position requirements, we will contact you to discuss the opportunity further. If you do not hear from us, we encourage you to revisit our website at www.pointpark.edu for the status of the position and future opportunities.