POSITION: Sound Designer/Audio Engineer
REPORTS TO: Production Manager
Minimum Bachelor's degree in technical theater or equivalent experience with a minimum of three years professional theatrical sound experience in sound design and audio engineering.
Responsible for sound design requirements for all Playhouse productions.
- Provide 3 complete sound designs for Conservatory Productions as required by Production Manager.
- Install and engineer all sound design installations for all Playhouse Productions.
- Oversee students working with all sound equipment and mentor student sound designers/engineers.
- Maintain all sound equipment, inventory and storage area.
- Maintaining a current knowledge of all developments of new sound technology and recommending upgrades in sound equipment to the Production Manager for all sound needs for all Playhouse productions.
- Supervising and assisting when needed the mixing of live sound for musical productions as assigned by Production Manager.
- Supervise student labor for sound strikes and the storing of all sound equipment.
- Advise and/or execute the programming of sound consoles and/or playback systems as needed for productions.
- Engineer any special sound effects as needed for Playhouse productions.
- Troubleshoot all sound problems.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
Qualified applicants should forward a cover letter and resume via email to HROffice@pointpark.edu (preferred) or mail to:
Point Park University
Human Resources Office
201 Wood Street
Pittsburgh, PA 15222
When responding via email please reference - SOUND DESIGNER/AUDIO ENGINEER - in the subject line.
Please submit documents in Rich Text (.txt) Word document (.doc) or Adobe Portable Document Format (.pdf).
All emails submitted will receive an automatic confirmation email. Due to some junk mail filters, the confirmation email may not reach you. To ensure receipt of the confirmation email, utilize the return receipt option built into your email program when sending your information.
NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE. Due to the high volume of resumes received, Point Park University will not be able to respond to inquiries regarding the status of your resume. If we determine that your skills and experience match the position requirements, we will contact you to discuss the opportunity further. If you do not hear from us, we encourage you to revisit our website at www.pointpark.edu for the status of the position and future opportunities.