Co-Op Information for Students #PointParkWorks
Gain Professional Work Experience, Earn College Credits — and Get Paid
Don't wait four years to enter the real world. Immerse yourself in many opportunities to launch your career before you graduate. Our co-op program will connect you with more than 40 corporate partners for paid, full-time work while earning up to 12 college credits.
Rowland School of Business students in the following majors are currently eligible to apply for the co-op program:
- Business management
- Economics and finance
- Human resource management
- Information technology
- Organizational leadership
- Public administration
- Sports, arts and entertainment management
The Workplace as Your Classroom
By taking on assignments from local, national and/or international organizations, our co-op students have the opportunity to learn new skills while applying the knowledge and theories gained in the Point Park classroom to real-world work scenarios.
In addition, as a co-op students you will have the chance to share the industry knowledge and skills you have acquired in the real world to enhance your engagement and overall experience in the classroom.
Key Benefits for Co-Op for Students
As a Point Park University co-op student, you'll gain a wealth of benefits, including:
- Experience working in a real-world business setting related to your major and career interests
- A valuable network of professionals, which can lead to future employment opportunities and industry insight
- Financial compensation that can be used toward tuition, living expenses, etc.
- Increased confidence and maturity in a professional environment
- Improved communication, presentation and networking skills
- Enhanced resume based on new knowledge and skills gained working in the field
Student Eligibility Requirements
To be accepted into our co-op program, you must meet the following requirements:
- Junior class standing (60 credits completed)
- Minimum cumulative G.P.A. of 3.0 by the end of sophomore year and throughout the co-op program
- No academic, disciplinary or financial holds
- Successful completion of the co-op preparatory course, Business Career Prep (BMGT 280)
Co-op placements are available for students to complete during the fall, spring and summer semesters.
If you are a student interested in doing a co-op, or would like to learn more about the co-op program, contact:
Cooperative Education Specialist