Become a Host Company and Have Access to Point Park's Co-Op Students
Point Park University has developed strong relationships with local companies since its founding in 1960, educating students in career-focused programs taught by faculty who work in their fields. Companies have found success working with our Career Development Center to recruit skilled interns and employees.
Co-Op Student ProfileLearn how Point Park IT student Celina DiPietro assisted the predictive analysis company, Othot, as a data scientist co-op employee.
Strengthening this important connection between educating students and preparing the future workforce, Point Park has established a cooperative education program, or co-op, for its School of Business undergraduate students.
Students in the following majors are available for you to consider for a co-op position at your company:
- Business management
- Economics and finance
- Human resource management
- Information technology
- Organizational leadership
- Public administration
- Sports, arts and entertainment management
#PointParkWorksForYou: What It Means to Be a Host Company
Learn what it means to be a host company and discover the benefits it can provide for your company.
- Interview pre-screened candidates; employ a third- or fourth-year School of Business student (in one of the majors listed above) in a full-time, entry-level position for one or two academic semesters. The student may also receive academic credit.
- Expose the student to all areas of the business, with engagement in daily operations to help deliver results for your company.
- Evaluate the student according to the company's probationary employment policies.
Benefits to Your Company
- A temporary employee already vetted as competent and dependable, working daily to accomplish company goals
- A cooperative student-training plan designed with your input
- Opportunity to groom a young adult already knowledgeable about your company for a full-time position upon graduation
- Guidance from Point Park's co-op director as needed throughout student employment
Sign Up to Be a Host Company
If you are interested in becoming a host company, complete this online form. For questions or more information, contact Keith A. Paylo, vice president of student affairs and dean of students, at 412-392-3840 or email@example.com.