ACCOMMODATIONS FOR STUDENTS ENROLLED IN ONLINE PROGRAMS • DISABILITY SERVICES
- In order to request accommodations, online students must complete the Identification & Needs Assessment Form and submit it to the coordinator of disability services via email, fax, or postal mail.
- Students must also submit documentation from a qualified professional to support a request for accommodations. Further, submitted information must meet Point Park University’s Disability Documentation Guidelines. The documentation may be submitted to the coordinator of disability services via email, fax, or postal mail.
Determination of Accommodations
- Because students’ needs vary, accommodations are determined on a case-by-case basis. After documentation is evaluated by the coordinator of disability services, students will be notified as to whether or not it has met the established guidelines and verifies that there is a functional limitation. Also, the coordinator will arrange a telephone consultation with the student to discuss individual needs and reasonable accommodations. Please note that the coordinator of disability services may seek input from others, such as the professional providing the documentation and online instructors, before making a decision regarding reasonable accommodations.
- The coordinator of disability services will email the student a copy of the approved accommodations. The student must then acknowledge acceptance of the accommodations in an email response.
Notification of Instructors
- The coordinator of disability services will email a memo that lists the approved accommodations to each online instructor. Students will be copied on the email to their instructors.
- It is the student’s responsibility to contact each online instructor to discuss the accommodations.
- Accommodation memos are only valid for the term in which they are issued. Therefore, each term, students must contact the coordinator of disability services to review ongoing accommodations and to request that online instructors be notified of reasonable accommodations.
- Students should discuss any concerns or problems related to the provision of reasonable accommodations with the coordinator of disability services. If a student disagrees with the accommodations as determined by the coordinator of disability services or has a complaint related to services provided by the coordinator of disability services, he or she may utilize the appeals process.
Contact Information:Patricia Boykin Director & Coordinator of Disability Services Program for Academic Success Point Park University 201 Wood Street Pittsburgh, PA 15222 Phone: 412-392-4738 Fax: 412-392-3884 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Carla Merideth PAS/Disability Services Assistant
Phone: 412-392-3870 Email: email@example.com