HELPING STUDENTS THROUGHOUT THE WRITING PROCESS
The Writing Center at PAS consults with students on their writing in courses across the curriculum at all stages of the writing process.
The Writing Center at PAS can help with:
- understanding the assignment handout
- getting started, brainstorming and prewriting
- writing the thesis statement
- organization strategies
- grammar, usage and style skill development
- proofreading strategies
- correctly documenting sources
- understanding and responding to instructor feedback
- other questions you have about your writing
What should students bring to a writing consultation?
- whatever writing you have done on your assignment (but it’s OK if you haven’t started)
- the assignment handout and any guidelines from your instructor
- any texts or other materials you are using in the assignment
To make a 30- or 60-minute appointment, you can:
- sign up on the appointment sheet on the door of 703 Lawrence Hall
- contact Cathy Houghton, coordinator of English and writing tutoring, at 412-392-3877 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Students may also choose to access Online Writing Tutoring through The Writing Center at PAS.
Questions? Call Cathy Houghton at 412-392-3877
- Monday through Thursday, 10 a.m. to 7 p.m.
- Friday, 10 a.m. to 4 p.m.