For Anyone Interested in Art
Painters, sketchers, photographers, sculptors, graphic artists and those of you whose creations cannot be classified, the Art for Art's Sake Community will be the place to live.
Besides visiting museums and discussing the dazzling architecture of Pittsburgh, you will be attending art exhibit openings and designing a whole new "look" for your floor, including the walls and ceilings.
At the end of the academic year, you will show and mount an exhibition of your community's work!
Trips and Activities
- Visited The Mattress Factory Art Museum on the Northside
- Trip to Color Me Mine pottery studio followed by a stop at Ben and Jerry's
- Walk through the Holiday Nationality Rooms at the Cathedral of Learning, University of Pittsburgh
- Played at the Kid-For-A-Day program, including finger painting, coloring books, and other child-friendly art projects
You'll get to select service organizations in Pittsburgh that your group would like to help, then plan fundraisers and “work days” to make a difference in the community!
- Walk to support "Making Strides Against Breast Cancer"