Campus Safety Is a Priority
Every university has a campus. Ours just happens to be an entire city. Point Park University’s Department of Public Safety is responsible for providing all members of the University community with a safe and secure environment to live, learn and work.
The department includes:
- police officers
- public safety officers
- 24-hour dispatch center
- Emergency Services Division
- Security Division
Point Park's Office of Public Safety maintains a close working relationship with the Pittsburgh Police Department.
Security for Residence Halls, Suites and Apartments
- All residence halls have controlled access.
- A security desk is on the first floor of every building and is staffed 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
- All guests need to be accompanied by their host or hostess and must sign in (and sign out) with a valid photo ID at the building’s security station.
- Each room has a fire alarm and smoke detector.
- All residence halls are equipped with smoke detectors and fire extinguishers.
There is round-the-clock police protection on campus as well as police officers on bikes and on foot patrols, including on the perimeters of campus.
At your request, a police officer will accompany you to your destination on campus.