Move-In 2016 Dates and Times
Early Move-In*: Monday, Aug. 22
First-Year Students: Thursday, Aug. 25
Upperclassmen: Saturday, Aug. 27
You Drive In ... We Do the Rest!
Point Park University wants to make your move-in day as stress free as possible, so here is the plan:
- You drive your packed-up vehicle to the Student Center parking lot on campus on your move-in day.
- A University team unloads your belongings (yes, everything) and takes them to your room.
Your time can now be spent unpacking, arranging your new space and getting settled instead of unloading, waiting for carts and elevators and transporting your items to your room!
There is no catch, but we do need your help to make move-in day run smoothly. Please read all the information that follows and contact the Office of Student Life at 412-392-8026 if you have any questions.
We'll be limbering up and getting ready for your arrival!
Questions you may have about move-in day
1. What date do I move in?
- Early Move-In* = Monday, Aug. 22
- First-Year Students = Thursday, Aug. 25
- Upperclassmen = Saturday, Aug. 27
*Note: Early move-in is primarily for students attending Pioneer Experience (new student orientation) and Honors Orientation participants. If you are eligible for early move-in, you have been previously notified. If you have any questions, call 412-392-8026.
2. What hours may I move in?
9 a.m. - 4 p.m.
3. What if I cannot move in at the time specified?
You may move in at a different time on your move-in date or any day thereafter, however, you will not have the assistance of the University team for unloading, the use of the Student Center lot or free parking. Please call 412-392-8026 for instructions if you cannot move in at the specified times.
4. How do I get to the Student Center parking lot?
The Student Center is located at 330 Boulevard of the Allies, Pittsburgh, Pa., 15222 (see a Google map with GPS coordinates for the Student Center parking lot). You need to enter the parking lot from the Boulevard of the Allies.
5. After a University team unloads my vehicle, do I leave the vehicle in the Student Center lot?
No. Point Park has arranged for free parking at a lot across the river at Station Square. On move-in day, we provide you with directions to the designated parking, a ticket to access the lot and a free shuttle to transport you from Station Square to campus.
6. How does my family get back to our vehicle at Station Square when they are ready to leave?
Our free shuttle operates between campus and Station Square on move-in day from 9 a.m.-5 p.m (hours subject to change).
7. How do I get the key to my room?
While the University team is unloading your vehicle, you are directed to the nearby Village Park (or Boulevard Apartments lobby if it is raining). Here you are given your room key, student ID (if you have not received it previously) and other move-in materials.
8. Is there anything else I should know?
When packing, we suggest you label all large boxes, suitcases and items with your first and last name. This will help with the accurate transport of your belongings to your room.
We want to make move-in day the best possible experience for you. Hundreds of students are moving onto campus the same day, so there are bound to be a few glitches along the way. Packing a dose of patience and a smile can help.