Video: Meet this year's orientation leaders
Click on the orientation leaders' names below to get their take on Pioneer Experience.
Become an Orientation Leader!
Questions to Consider...
- Do you want to stay in Pittsburgh for the summer?
- Think you would make a great student leader?
- Are you interested in helping new students adjust to life at Point Park University?
What is an Orientation Leader?
Orientation Leaders are a vital part of the Pioneer Experience. This group of student leaders assist in the orientation process from start to finish. Orientation Leaders interact with new students and their families throughout the overnight sessions in various roles. Ranging from a campus tour guide to a role model, Orientation Leaders guide and teach new students and their families about all that Point Park University has to offer.
- Full-time undergraduate, degree-seeking student
- GPA 2.5 or higher
- Minimum 12 credits completed prior to the spring semester start
- Not on disciplinary probation
- MUST be able to attend all training and orientation sessions
- Possess characteristics such as: responsible, punctual, fun, outgoing, approachable, knowledgeable, creative, able to think on your feet
Applications will be available in late fall each year. Check back for more information.
Questions? Contact: Sarah George Director of Commuter Affairs & Coordinator of the Pioneer Experience