POSITION TITLE: DATABASE ADMINISTRATOR
DEPARTMENT: INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY SERVICES
Maintain effective and efficient operation of the University’s computer databases. Ensure stability and integrity of all SQL databases. Make access available, as appropriate and timely, and formulate new database applications. Make decisions regarding procedures for set up of, access to, and operation of databases. Cooperation with other members of the IT team is essential for overall productivity. Refer decisions relating to major policy changes or the purchase of new software to supervisor. Requires a bachelor’s degree in computer science or equivalent plus 3 - 5 years related experience.
QUALIFICATIONS/KNOWLEDGE/SKILLS/ABILITIES (Education, Training, or related experience):
Requires a bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science and 3 to 5 years work experience in a team-oriented, collaborative environment while being highly self-motivated and directed; keen attention to detail is required; exceptional customer service orientation is a priority. Must have a positive and collaborative attitude with the ability to manage multiple priorities; proactive communication with superiors and other colleagues is essential; must have the ability to present data in a meaningful and impactful way and have excellent problem solving and organizational skills with the ability to work well with all levels of personnel in the organization.
SPECIAL POSITION REQUIREMENTS:
- Work rare evenings/weekends
- Standard background check (Federal, State, Local criminal checks; academic verification)
- Credit Check
- Strong organizational skills
- Accuracy in work
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills; verbally and in writing
- Uses high level of judgment and able to maintain confidentiality Ability to work as part of team
- Spirit of Collegiality – Maintains a sense of courtesy, respect, professionalism, and enthusiasm when interacting with faculty, staff and students.
- Fosters culture of Mission Statement’s dedication to delivering a quality experience for our students.
- Exemplifies a positive attitude toward diversity on campus.
- Fosters a culture of excellence and working for continuous process improvements in customer service.
- Shows positive attitude and approach to work, students, faculty, staff, and external customers.
- Uses good and ethical judgment in decision making that is in line with Point Park University’s mission/vision, department objectives and Code of Conduct.
- Attendance and punctuality
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES: .
- Developing maintenance plans, restore procedures and backup of numerous SQL server databases
- Day to day maintenance and support of SQL servers
- Develop and support triggers, stored procedures, and scripts
- Create, implement and maintain integration software
- Support end users with all Jenzabar Ex modules
- Develop and deliver end-user queries, extracting data from Jenzabar, Infomaker, and other software applications to support the day to day operations of the University
- Provide training and support to staff using Jenzabar, Infomaker, and other administrative applications used at the university
- Keep current with the latest technologies and applications relevant to the Point Park University computing environment
- Participate in the internal user’s group meetings
- Maintain documentation and procedural information
- Attend meetings, conferences and training classes as needed
- Function as a member of the Information Technology team
- Provide technical support for the University ERP modules and provide upper tier support for the University helpdesk
- Assist the Director and team members with special projects as needed
Frequent computer use at workstation, up to eight hours per day.
Qualified applicants should forward a cover letter and resume via email to HROffice@pointpark.edu (preferred) or mail to:
Point Park University
Human Resources Office
201 Wood Street
Pittsburgh, PA 15222
When responding via email please reference – DATABASE ADMINISTRATOR - in the subject line.
Please submit documents in Rich Text (.txt) Word document (.doc) or Adobe Portable Document Format (.pdf).
All emails submitted will receive an automatic confirmation email. Due to some junk mail filters, the confirmation email may not reach you. To ensure receipt of the confirmation email, utilize the return receipt option built into your email program when sending your information.
NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE. Due to the high volume of resumes received, Point Park University will not be able to respond to inquiries regarding the status of your resume. If we determine that your skills and experience match the position requirements, we will contact you to discuss the opportunity further. If you do not hear from us, we encourage you to revisit our website at www.pointpark.edu for the status of the position and future opportunities.
Point Park University is an Equal Opportunity Employer.