Fall 2016 Issue of The Point Magazine Now Online Wednesday, October 12, 2016
The Fall 2016 issue of The Point, the magazine of Point Park University, is now available on campus and online:
Feature highlights include:
- Media Convergence: Journalist Andrew Conte leads collaboration in the new Center for Media Innovation, kicked off at a campus celebration Sept. 13.
- Playhouse Rising: Construction on the new Pittsburgh Playhouse is well underway between Forbes and Fourth avenues in Downtown Pittsburgh.
- Walking on Air: Alumnus Fred McLeod's broadcasting journey has taken him from Point Park to the Cleveland Cavaliers' recent NBA championship.
- Building a Bridge: A gift from The Pittsburgh Foundation funds a pilot program to help at-risk high school students' transition to college.
- Paving the Way: Professor Stanley Denton leads the Black Men Teaching Initiative and College Now at Point Park.
- ESPN Employee Honor: Cinema arts alumna and former cross country athlete Brie Gallagher earns the Team ESPN VoluntEAR of the Year Award.
More About: Center for Media Innovation, Center for Media Innovation, cinema arts, School of Arts and Sciences, College Now program, School of Communication, faculty, Conservatory of Performing Arts, education, alumni, cinema production, The Point, athletics, Pittsburgh Playhouse