Non-Credit Private Lessons at Point Park University 1-on-1 instruction available in dance, drumming, piano, and voice.
Nothing. Stops. Learning.
We are so glad you're here! Congrats on staying true to yourself and continuing to develop your visions during these unqiue circumstances. To ensure our community remains safe, all Fall 2020 lessons will be virtual for the semester. Online lessons can start as early as the week of September 14 and are offered based on instructor availability.
Please click the button below to fill out our private lesson request form. A member from our staff will evaluate the request for approval within 5 working days. Your lesson approval status and assigned teacher will be communicated directly via email.
All enrollment is considered pending until a time is secured and payment is received. Please complete one request form per subject.
All lessons this semester will be held virtually to help prevent the spread of COVID-19. Thank you for your patience and continued support. The student and instructor will work togerther to determine the best platform to conduct their online lesson(s).
Options can include:
- Facebook Messenger
- Google Hangout
- Microsoft Teams
Lessons are available for students/adults of all ages and at all levels. Please note that there are a limited number of private lesson spaces available each semester. We will do our best to schedule as many participants as possible.
Particpants will need access to an internet connection and a laptop or smartphone.
We recommend voice students purchase an external, play-n-plug condenser microphone to ensure the highest level of audio transmission. When an instructor hears a student better, they can teach better! Any student will receive affordable microphone recommendations when interest is expressed. Please be aware a mircophone is not required - just recommended :)
All private lessons are $65.00 per hour or $35.00 per half hour.
A minimum of 10 lessons must be scheduled unless approved by the office or instructor.
- 10 lessons at 30 minutes: $350.00
- 10 lessons at 60 minutes: $650.00
To discuss different options, please email the office of Community and Summer Education at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Payments can be made by check, credit card or eCheck.
Checks should be made payable to Point Park University and sent via USPS to:
Attn: Community and Summer Education
Point Park University
201 Wood Street
Pittsburgh, PA 15222
*If you are a current Point Park Student, please list the student's name and ID # in the 'For' section.
Credit Card Instructions:
Please do not try to pay online unless you are a returning Community Class student and have already registered through our office. If you are a NEW student, you canNOT pay online until you have received a University ID from our office.
Please note that a credit card payment will be charged a 2.55% service fee by the vendor. The fee will be in addition to tuition charges.
By using your routing number and account number, no service fee is charged in addition to payment. Follow steps #1 - #5 from the credit card instructions above. Further steps include:
All lessons must be completed by the end of the semester, December 18, 2020.
- No discounts are offered for private lessons.
- All lessons are considered non-credit.
- Please notify your instructor at least 24 hours in advance if you are unable to attend a lesson. Outside of this timeframe, instructors reserve the right to forfeit missed lessons and no credit or refunds will be issued. Lessons must be made-up before the end of the term (December 18, 2020) unless other arrangements have been made with the instructor and office.
- Students will be required to review our private lesson etiquette policy to ensure the instructor and student are communicating effectively.
- If professional artistic pursuits or illness requires a teacher to miss class, we will provide a qualified substitute.
- In some extreme cases, classes may have to be cancelled. We try to notify students as soon as possible.
- Classes cancelled by the office will be made up at the end of the term or a credit/refund will be given.