The purpose of cross registration through the Pittsburgh Council on Higher Education is to provide opportunities for enriched educational programs by permitting full-time paying undergraduate and graduate students to cross register for one course at any of the 10 PCHE institutions. These institutions are:
Carnegie Mellon University
Community College of Allegheny County
Pittsburgh Theological Seminary
Point Park University
Robert Morris University
University of Pittsburgh
Point Park students should not cross register for a course that is offered at Point Park during the semester unless there are exceptional circumstances. Students may not cross register for classes that are ineligible for transfer as outlined in the catalog. Students in good standing who are paying full-time Point Park tuition are eligible.
The PCHE course may count toward full-time status. There is no additional tuition charge, except for special course or laboratory fees. Point Park students do not acquire status at the host institution, but have library and bookstore privileges. Credit and grades are transferred directly to Point Park. Cross registration does not apply during the summer or during intercessions.
Cross Registration Eligibility Guidelines
PCHE Cross Registration Form Instructions
PCHE Cross Registration Drop/Withdrawal Form (Best used with Internet Explorer)
PCHE Cross Registration Request Form (Best used with Internet Explorer)
To cross register, follow these steps:
- Complete the form linked above electronically. You must provide your current mailing address and phone number. This is the host institution’s only way of contacting you. If you are registering for a course at the University of Pittsburgh, include both the course number and the CRN number listed in their catalog. You will then print the completed form in order to obtain advisor approval.
- Submit the approved form to the Office of the University Registrar before host institution’s add/drop deadline.
- The host institution will inform you by mail if you are accepted into the course or if you need to complete additional steps to register.
- The course will be added to your Point Park schedule once approval is received.
If you choose to audit or take a course pass/fail, then you must indicate that on the request form prior to submission to the Registrar’s Office. Contact the host institution if any additional paperwork is required. If you choose to drop a PCHE course, you must notify the Office of the University Registrar at Point Park prior to both the Point Park and the host institution’s drop deadline.
New Policies for Point Park Students
- As of the Spring 2017 term, Point Park University students are no longer permitted to submit cross registration requests after the term has begun.
- All PCHE schools send requests through the US Mail. Requests are not faxed or emailed due to sensitive information.
- It takes a minimum of seven (7) days for requests to be processed.
- All deadlines will be adhered to. No exceptions.
- It is the student’s responsibility to obtain all information on the form and must be completed prior to submission to the Registrar’s Office. If the form is incomplete, it will not be processed and mailed back to your listed address. The Registrar’s Office will not contact the student to confirm information.
- Point Park University requests that you do not contact the school where you would like to cross register for status updates. If a host school contacts us with information that a student has repeatedly contacted their university, then Point Park University reserves the right to deny the student’s request.
- A staff member at Point Park University will contact you by email when a decision has been made about your registration.