Embracing a sustainable culture
Imagine in the heart of Downtown Pittsburgh a lively urban park, lush green landscaping, a state-of-the-art Student and Convocation Center, and green-design-friendly theatres. These student-centered neighborhood enhancements are part of the Academic Village at Point Park University, a $244 million campus plan that will transform the University and Downtown Pittsburgh — and make them greener — over the next decade.
Point Park Is Green
The Point Park University Community embraces a sustainable culture of environmental, economic and social responsibility through leadership, education and personal accountability.
- Recycling containers are available throughout all campus spaces.
- See our awards and recognition for sustainable design and construction.
- Environmental studies are incorporated into the curriculum.
- Take part in a green activity or event or get involved on campus.
- Take immediate, personal action to reuse, recycle and learn about sustainability.
- We pledge to integrate green practices throughout our campus plan.
Students play a vital role in Point Park University becoming a more environmentally friendly and sustainable campus. Check out our Green Brochure to see some simple ways you can help to save energy, water and paper.
"The Greening of Pittsburgh"
Point Park President Paul Hennigan discusses Point Park University's green and sustainability initiatives in this video.