18 Credits, Available for any of Point Park's Majors
In the community engagement minors, students learn through courses that draw from theoretical frameworks and experiential methods; this includes community-based learning and research with an emphasis on collaboration with partners in the Pittsburgh region.
The Department of Community Engagement offers two minors:
Community Engagement and Social Change Minor
- Combine classroom learning in social change with meaningful community work.
- Participate in project-based field work with opportunities for self-reflection.
- Complete a practicum project in the community.
- Conclude the program prepared for outreach and partnership work in civic, business and community organizations.
Women’s and Gender Studies Minor
- In this interdisciplinary program, use critical reading skills to analyze and dissect arguments in the field of women's and gender studies.
- Formulate and defend positions by gathering supporting evidence and presenting arguments.
- Conclude the program prepared to put theoretical knowledge into action based on social impact work and field experience completed.