Paige Beal, M.B.A.
Assistant Professor and Chair of Sports, Arts and Entertainment Management
- B.A. Sociology, B.A. Psychology, Hood College
- M.B.A., Katz Graduate School of Business, University of Pittsburgh
- Introduction to Sports, Arts and Entertainment Management
- Media Management
- Internet Marketing
- Marketing Research
The common thread in SAEM Assistant Professor and Chair Paige Beal's business career is entertainment media technology. Her business career includes media marketing and management in radio (Clear Channel - 3WS), TV (Comcast Spotlight - ESPN, USA, TNT, AMC, CNN, MTV, etc.) and Internet (WPXI - Cox). Her multimedia expertise translated into the success of Moxie Marketing Media Consultancy conducting training programs for media sales. That training experience foreshadowed a teaching career at Point Park University in the sports, arts and entertainment management department of the Rowland School of Business. Beal took a three-year hiatus from Point Park University to rejoin Comcast - and has now come full circle to bring her professional connections and experience back into the classroom.
- Media Association of Pittsburgh, past president
- Pittsburgh American Marketing Association, VP of Academic Outreach
- New Hazlett Theater, board member
- Leadership Pittsburgh graduate
In the News
- "Companies Drop NRA Affiliation Under Social Media Pressure," KDKA-TV, Feb. 23, 2018.
- "Patriots' downfall couldn't stop Super Bowl TV ratings slide," Pittsburgh Post-Gazette, Feb. 5, 2018.
- "CES 2018 roundup: local participants, trends," Pittsburgh Business Times, Jan 12, 2018.
- "Rising Cable Rates Give Consumers Chance to Seek Out Alternatives," KDKA-TV, Jan. 5, 2018.
- "2017's Best Cities for Soccer Fans," WalletHub, Sept. 6, 2017.
- "Memorial Day by the Numbers," WalletHub, May 22, 2017.
- "Payless to Close Some Area Stores in Effort to Keep Others Open Under Chapter 11 Bankruptcy," KDKA-TV, April 5, 2017.
- "JCPenny to Close 13 to 14 Percent of Stores," KDKA-TV, Feb. 24, 2017.
- "$500K a year expected from Heinz Field Beer Sales," Pittsburgh Business Times, July 14, 2016.
- "Post-Gazette Home Delivery Customers to be Charged for Magazine Insert Unless They Opt Out," KDKA-TV, Jan. 26, 2016.
- "Comcast Experimenting With Metered Internet Plans," KDKA-TV, Oct. 27, 2015.
- "Mall at Robinson polishing itself up, adding tenants," Pittsburgh Tribune-Review, Feb 23, 2012.
- "Swap Unwanted, Unused Books Online," KDKA-TV, Dec. 26, 2011.
- "Best Buy Reneges on Online Purchases," KDKA-TV, Dec. 22, 2011.
- "Center of Downtown shifts away from Macy's," Pittsburgh Tribune-Review, Sept 22, 2011.
- "Blog: Paige Beal on top ticketed attractions in Pittsburgh," Pop City Media, May 25, 2011.
- "West Penn-owned hospitals to revert to prior names," Pittsburgh Tribune-Review, April, 22, 2011.
- "Value-conscious shoppers feed growth of discount grocery chains," Pittsburgh Tribune-Review, March 6, 2011.
- "Analyzing Your Cell Phone Bill Could Save You Money," KDKA-TV, Feb. 16, 2011.
Point Park Features
- "SAEM Chair Shares Knowledge Gained From Major Media Conference," Point Park University website, Jan. 22, 2018.
- "SAEM Professor Co-Chairs Marketing Management Conference," Point Park University website, Sept. 27, 2017.
- "Business Students Compete in American Marketing Competition," Point Park University website, April 14, 2017.
- "SAEM Professor Presents on Storytelling Data at Marketing Conference," Point Park University website, Sept. 22, 2016.
- "SAEM Professor Leads AMA Collegiate Marketing Plan Competition," Point Park University website, April 22, 2016.
- "SAEM Class Working with Feld Entertainment Director to Market Upcoming Monster Jam," Point Park University website, Nov. 18, 2015.
- "SAEM Professor Serves as Panelist at Marketing Conference in Puerto Rico," Point Park University website, Oct. 21, 2015.
- "SAEM Students Gain Event Management Experience Co-Hosting Zoo U with the Pittsburgh Zoo," Point Park University website, April 26, 2012.
- "Media Career Event Brings More than 40 Employers to Campus," Point Park University website, April 6, 2012.