Assistant Professor, Sports, Arts and Entertainment Management
- A.S., Individual Studies, State University of New York at Morrisville
- B.F.A., Theatre Management with a business minor, Ithaca College
- M.F.A., Theatre Arts, University of California at Los Angeles
- Introduction to Sports, Arts and Entertainment Business
- Event Management
- Business Models of Sports, Arts and Entertainment
- Performing Arts Management
- Essential Fundraising Principles
- Applied Sports, Arts and Entertainment Finance
Over her 25-year career in the arts and higher education, Teresa Gregory has been a high-level, results-oriented fundraiser and administrator with extensive expertise in all aspects of development and nonprofit management. She has been part of the leadership team on campaigns ranging in size from $200,000 to $40 million for a wide variety of organizations. Gregory has been a team member of such arts organizations as the California Theatre Council, the Los Angeles Theater Center, Stamford Center for the Arts, StageWest (MA), Tennessee Repertory Theatre and Yale Repertory Theatre/Yale School of Drama. In Pittsburgh, she has worked at the Green Building Alliance and at Robert Morris University.
Gregory has her own consulting firm, Pinnacle Fundraising Consultants, LLC., providing strategic guidance and creative services to nonprofit organizations including assistance with fundraising, (particularly government grant seeking), organizational development and technology solutions.
She has served as an adjunct professor for the Master of Arts Management program at Carnegie Mellon University’s Heinz School of Public Policy. In addition to Point Park, she teaches at the Bayer Center for Nonprofit Management, The Foundation Center, the Community College of Allegheny County and at Association of Fundraising Professionals educational sessions.
Certifications and Professional Memberships
- Certified Fundraising Consultant granted by the International Association of Fundraising Professionals
- Member, Council for Advancement and Support of Education
- Strategic Leadership Program, Graduate, University of Washington
- NashvilleYoung Leaders Council, Alumna, Nashville, Tenn.
- Judge, Gene Kelly Awards, 2010-present
- Co-chair membership committee, Association of Fundraising Professionals, 2008-2009
- Board member, Association of Fundraising Professionals (AFP), Southwestern Pennsylvania Chapter, 2006-2009
- Chair, Mentoring Program, AFP, Southwestern Pennsylvania Chapter, 2007-2009
- Member, Pittsburgh Planned Giving Council, 2006-2007
- Chair of Public Policy Committee, Southwestern Pennsylvania Chapter, 2006-2007
- Rebuilding Together South Sound, vice president of board and chair of the development committee, 2003-2005
- Board of directors and chair of the development committee for Theatre Puget Sound, Seattle, Wash., 2001- 2002
In the News
- "SAEM program at Point Park helps students find jobs," Pittsburgh Post-Gazette, Jan. 24, 2013.
Point Park Features
- "SAEM Students Gain Event Management Experience Co-Hosting 'Zoo U' With the Pittsburgh Zoo," Point Park University website, April 26, 2012.
- "SAEM Instructor to Host Workshop on Using Online Tools in For Fundraising," Point Park University website, Aug. 23, 2011.