Explore Our City and Your Career
Learn how you can make a career in the businesses of sports, arts and entertainment management with an SAEM degree from Point Park University. Pittsburgh's champion sports franchise teams, world-class arts and cultural organizations and nationally-acclaimed live entertainment venues are all just steps away from our Downtown campus.
-- Rhianna Davis, Burrell High School
At Point Park University's SAEM Summer Workshop, students have a fun, active and incomparable immersion into Pittsburgh's sports, arts and entertainment businesses via the following expert guides.
- Tour Stage AE with concert promoter and Point Park SAEM Associate Professor Ed Traversari.
- Get an inside look at managing professional athletes with SAEM Associate Professor and Chair Steve Tanzilli.
- Explore backstage at the University's Pittsburgh Playhouse with Producing Director Kim Martin.
- Visit iHeartRadio with media professional and SAEM Assistant Professor Paige Beal.
- Hear what it's like to produce shows from performing arts expert, Professor David Rowell.
Workshop Cost and Schedule
The four-day workshop costs $150, which includes transportation to events, meals and evening activities (Pittsburgh Pirates games, movie night, etc.) as well as room and board.*
A small number of partial and full scholarships are available.
The workshop runs from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. daily, with the option to stay overnight on Point Park's campus at no additional cost.
*Students age 15 may attend workshop hours, but not stay overnight. Students age 16 and older may attend the workshop and stay overnight with Valid ID. Students staying overnight are housed in Thayer Hall and chaperons are on site.
Check back to this page at a later date for information on future SAEM workshops.
For questions or more information about the SAEM high school workshop, contact Ashley Dobransky at 412-392-8023 or email@example.com.