- B.A., History, Smith College
- Modern Technique
- Modern Repertory
Caitlin Scranton studied dance at Dance Theater of Iowa, Idyllwild Arts Academy and the Ailey School, and in 2005 received her B.A. in History from Smith College.
Scranton joined the Lucinda Childs Dance Company in 2009 as a soloist and dances featured roles in Ms. Child's work, including the recent revival of the Philip Glass/Robert Wilson opera Einstein on the Beach. She also currently dances with the New York-based choreographer Christopher Williams, recently touring The Indian Queen, an opera directed by Peter Sellars, and a new production of Rameau's Dardanus by L'Opéra National de Bordeaux. In New York she worked with Cornfield Dance, Mark Dendy, the Metropolitan Opera Ballet, Phantom Lim, Paul Singh, Ramon Oller and the Peridance Ensemble.
Additionally, Scranton is a freelance teacher, working most recently at the Paul Taylor Summer Intensive and as a company class instructor for the Paul Taylor Dance Company. She founded the Pittsburgh-based dance production company The Blanket in 2015, which aims to promote and expand modern dance in Pittsburgh.
- Lyon Opera Ballet, Lucinda Childs, Dance
- Lyon Opera Ballet, Lucinda Childs, Grande Fugue
- Arts Arena/American University in Paris, Christopher Williams, Wolf-in-Skins
- Smith College
- University of Richmond
- Western Washington University
- City Center/Fall for Dance
- Arts Arena/American University in Paris
- Philadelphia Dance Projects
- Peridance Capezio Center
- American Guild of Musical Artists