Visiting Assistant Professor
- Master of Arts, Musical Theatre, Goldsmiths, University of London
- Bachelor of Theatre Arts, University of Michigan
- Senior Musical Theatre Techniques
- Professional Seminar
- Advanced Topics in Musical Theatre
- Musical Theatre Repertoire
- Junior Musical Theatre Lab
Adam Wachter is a composer, lyricist, and music director, and is the recipient of the 2018 Stiles + Drewe Prize for songwriting. Wachter wrote both the score and screenplay for the award-winning short film “Sign,” and his original musical Tarrytown won the 2017 San Diego Critics’ Circle Award for Best New Musical. He has created music for the films “Are You Joking?,” “Broadway Musicals: A Jewish Legacy,” and the online series “Wacky Races,” “The Battery’s Down,” and “Submissions Only.”
His music-directing credits include the New York productions of Old Jews Telling Jokes, Carrie, Unlock’d, and Yank!, as well as shows at regional theaters – including the Old Globe, Signature Theatre, Barrington Stage, Shakespeare Theatre, Bay Street, The Wallis Annenberg, Weston Playhouse, and more – throughout the U.S.
He was recently featured conducting Into the Woods on the primetime ABC television special “Encore!," hosted by Kristen Bell, and his Broadway keyboard credits include War Paint, Allegiance, Finding Neverland, Peter Pan and The Addams Family.
- Associated Federation of Musicians, Local 802
Point Park Feature
- "Musical Theatre Majors Train with Adam Wachter, a Composer, Lyricist and Music Director," Point Park University website, Oct. 17, 2019.
In The News
- "Point Park University Welcomes New Faculty Members to Conservatory of Performing Arts," BroadwayWorld.com, Aug. 30, 2018.