Kim Martin, M.B.A.
Producing Director, Pittsburgh Playhouse
- M.B.A., Point Park University
- B.A., Fine, Applied and Performing Arts, Point Park University
- Introduction to Stage-Management
- Script Analysis
Kim Martin has been associated with Point Park University's Pittsburgh Playhouse since her start as a student in 1983. She stayed on at Point Park to work in the Conservatory of Dance and Music where she assisted in the implementation of a number of programs.
She left Point Park to become assistant to the publisher at In Pittsburgh Newsweekly, Inc. In the following year, Martin was appointed the first executive director of Pennsylvania Presenters.
In 1996, she became the artistic director at Apple Hill Playhouse. In addition, she directed at various theaters in and around the Pittsburgh area, including: Pittsburgh Playhouse, Barebones Productions, City Theatre's Young Playwrights Festival, Axiom Theatre, Apple Hill Playhouse, Pyramid Productions, Upstairs Theatre, The New Group Theatre, Red Barn Theatre and Geneva College.
In 1999, Martin returned to the Pittsburgh Playhouse and Point Park to serve as production stage manager and to create and develop the stage-management program at the University, and has since enjoyed the opportunity to build upon and utilize her abilities in the technical aspects of theatrical production.
In 2007, after stage-managing more than 40 productions for The REP, she became director of production and stage-management. Last year, she was promoted to producing director and is currently serving in that capacity.
- Actors' Equity Association, the union representing American Actors and Stage Managers in the theatre.
Selected Artistic Works: Directing
- The Playboy of the Western World
- Becky's New Car
- The Lonesome West
- Killer Joe
- The Birthday Party
- Glengarry Glen Ross
- Guys & Dolls
- Drinking in America
- The Dumb Waiter
Selected Artistic Works: Acting
- La Ronde
- Three Sisters
- Steel Magnolias
- The Time of Your Life
- A Funny Thing Happened on the Way to the Forum
Selected Awards and Honors
- 2016, graduated Magna Cum Laude, Point Park University
- 2014-16, Dean's List, Point Park University
- 1987, Outstanding Senior, Point Park University