Ronald Allan-Lindblom, M.F.A.
Artistic Director Emeritus, Pittsburgh Playhouse
Professor, Conservatory of Performing Arts
- M.F.A., Acting and Directing, California State University, Long Beach
- B.F.A., Theatre Arts, Wayne State University
- Fundamentals of Directing
- Special Topics in Cinema and Digital Arts
- Entrepreneurship and the Arts
Founder of the Conservatory of Performing Arts, The REP, Point Park University's professional theatre company, and Point Park's Department of Cinema Arts, Ronald Allan-Lindblom has produced, directed and acted in hundreds of theatre and dance productions on three continents. He has directed internationally at drama festivals in Shanghai, Edinburgh and Hong Kong.
Lindblom has served as artistic director of Point Park University, overseeing the Pittsburgh Playhouse and the internationally ranked Conservatory of Performing Arts, which includes departments of theatre, dance and cinema.
Since transforming the single Department of Fine, Applied and Performing Arts into a three department, Conservatory of Performing Arts, Lindblom has produced more than 350 professional and education productions and has served Point Park University in numerous positions as chair, dean and vice president.
Under his artistic leadership, the Conservatory of Performing Arts has grown to more than 800 students, and the university has built state-of-the-art dance facilities and the new Pittsburgh Playhouse in Downtown Pittsburgh.
Point Park Features
- Pittsburgh Playhouse Artistic Director Steps Down; Respected Artist, Director and Educator Joins Conservatory Faculty," The Point, Spring 2019.
- "Pittsburgh Playhouse Presents World Premiere of Old Man and the Sea," Point Park University website, Jan. 21, 2019.
- "Point Park University's Playhouse to Become Launching Pad for Innovative Plays, Musicals," Point Park University website, Nov. 9, 2018.
- "Point Park University's Pittsburgh Playhouse Opens to Students, Audiences and the Downtown Community," Point Park University website, Sept. 19, 2018.