Edward Strimlan, M.D.
Assistant Professor, Forensic Science
Coordinator, Forensic Science Program
- Bachelor of Science, Chemistry, University of Pittsburgh
- Doctor of Medicine, American University of the Caribbean
- Clinical Training, Northwestern Hospital and Martha Washington Hospital, Chicago
- Coroner's Education Course, Pennsylvania State Police Academy
- Accident/Suicide Investigations
- Anatomy and Physiology (with lab)
- Crime Scene
- Criminal Profiling
- Death Scene Investigation
- Development of the Death Investigation System (with lab)
- Forensic Evidence I and II (with lab)
- The Natural Death Investigation
As the former chief forensic investigator for Allegheny County's Office of the Medical Examiner, Edward Strimlan, M.D., brings real stories and years of experience conducting more than 2,000 death scene investigations into the classroom. Each summer, he leads a CSI Summer Camp for high school students.
Professional Advisory Boards
- Criminal Justice Administration Master's Degree Program at Point Park University, 2002-present
- Pennsylvania Region 13 Weapons of Mass Destruction Working Group, 2001-2010
- Pittsburgh International Airport Disaster Preparation and Planning, 2002-2010
- Metropolitan Medical Response System, 2001-2010
- "Gang Free" Pittsburgh School District, 2002-2006
In the News
- "Pioneer Public - Edward Strimlan," The Globe, Oct. 17, 2017.
- "Forensics program attracting crime-solvers at Point Park in Pittsburgh," Pittsburgh Post-Gazette, Oct. 29, 2012.
- CSI: Pittsburgh - Go beyond the yellow tape at Point Park University's crime scene house," Pittsburgh Magazine, Feb. 2012 issue.
Point Park Features
- "Forensic Science Majors Gaining Experience Working for Ocean City Police Department this Summer," Point Park University website, June 27, 2018.
- "Thirteen Students Inducted into Alpha Phi Sigma National Criminal Justice Honor Society," Point Park University, March 30, 2017.
- "Upper St. Clair High School Students Investigate Mock Crime Scenes at CSI House," Point Park University website, March 16, 2017.
- "Forensic Science Majors Intern at Allegheny County Medical Examiner's Office," Point Park University website, Dec. 6, 2016.
- "Forensic Science Files Reveal CSI High School Summer Camp Has Record-Breaking Attendance," Point Park University website, July 5, 2016.
- "Boyce Middle School Students Engage in CSI Work Led by Forensic Science Majors," Point Park University website, March 23, 2016.
- "High School STEM Students Visit Point Park's CSI House, Learn About Forensic Science Careers," Point Park University website, July 15, 2015.
- "CSI Summer Camp Has High School Students Investigating Careers in the Crime Lab," Point Park University website, July 24, 2014.
- "Students from Norwin School District Process Mock Crime Scenes at CSI House," Point Park University website, May 7, 2014.
- "Forensic Science Majors Process Crime Scenes Designed by Theatre Students," Point Park University website, March 13, 2013.
- "Students Explore True Forensic Science Work at High School CSI Camp," Point Park Universitiy website, July 26, 2013.
- "High School Students Describe Point Park's CSI Camp as Challenging and Fun," Point Park University website, Aug. 2, 2012.
- "CSI Expert Edward Strimlan Appointed Coordinator of Forensic Science Program," Point Park University website, April 25, 2011.