Richard Linzer, J.D.
Associate Professor, Criminal Justice
Director, Criminal Justice Administration Graduate Program
- Bachelor of Arts, Behavioral Sciences, Point Park University
- Juris Doctor, University of Akron School of Law
- Criminal Justice Administration Capstone
- Professional Responsibility
- Criminal Law and Procedure
- Professional Communications in Criminal Justice
- History of Organized Crime
- Criminal Evidence
- Criminal Justice System in the Media
- Competitive Exams and Hiring Process
Richard A. Linzer, J.D., associate professor of criminal justice and director of the Master of Science in criminal justice administration graduate program at Point Park University, has more than 40 years of experience in the legal field. Linzer has taught at Point Park in the Department of Criminal Justice and Intelligence Studies since 1999. In addition, he has served as an attorney for ReedSmith, K&L Gates and Eckert, Seamans, Cherin & Mellott, LLC. Prior to that, he was director of compliance and ethics for University Hospitals Health System, Inc., in Cleveland, Ohio, and senior counsel in the Office of Inspector General of the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services, Administrative and Civil Remedies Branch.
Linzer has also been an independent contract hearing officer, special assistant United States attorney for the Western District of Pennsylvania, senior deputy attorney general for the Pennsylvania Medicaid Fraud Control Section, attorney-in-charge for the pre-trial section of the Office of the District Attorney of Allegheny County and worked in private practice in McKeesport, Pa.
- Criminal procedure
- Professional ethics and responsibility
- Contemporary legal issues
- "Case Note - Law Office Searches: In Re Gartley," National Association of Attorneys General Medicaid Fraud Report
Honors and Awards
- Co-winner of client counseling competition
- National Order of Barristers
- Law Enforcement Award, Variety Club of Pittsburgh, May 1994
Point Park Features
- "Criminal Justice Students Learn About Opportunities to Work Undercover," Point Park University website, March 8, 2018.
- "Thirteen Students Inducted Into Alpha Phi Sigma National Criminal Justice Honor Society," Point Park University website, March 30, 2017.
- "U.S. Supreme Court Police Officers Meet With Criminal Justice, Intel, Forensic Science Majors," Point Park University website, March 23, 2017.
- "Criminal Justice Administration Grad Students Address Serious Societal Issues at Symposium," Point Park University website, August 14, 2017.
- "Graduate Students Present Research on Various Challenges in the Criminal Justice Field," Point Park University website, Nov. 23, 2016.
- "Criminal Justice Administration Program Hosts Symposium to Showcase Grad Student Research," Point Park Universitiy website, Sept. 2, 2016.
- "Criminal Justice and Forensic Science Students Inducted Into Alpha Phi Sigma Honors Society," Point Park University website, April 26, 2016.
- "Graduate Students Present Research on Complex Issues in the Criminal Justice System," Point Park University website, Dec. 21, 2015.
- "Criminal Justice Professor and Alumnus Brings 40 Years of Legal Experience to the Classroom," Point Park University website, Oct. 9, 2015.