Resources for Education Students
Explore the topics and links below to find key information and online resources related to education majors.
- Classroom Observation/Field Experience Interactive Form
- Education UNDECLARED Information Sheet
- Field Experience Log Sheet
- Lesson Reflection
- Student Handbook
Requirements for education majors
- PAPA/CORE/PRAXIS® exams
- Teacher certification program - becoming declared
- Teacher certification through TIMS
Do you plan to student teach?
- Bloom's Taxonomy
- Final Review Sheet for Student Teaching
- Framework for Teaching Checklist
- Lesson Observation Rubric - Student Teaching
- Lesson Plan Guidelines - Student Teaching
- Lesson Plan Template - Student Teaching
- PDE 430 - Student Teaching
- Student Teaching Application
- Student Teaching Lesson Reflection Weeks 1-15
- Student Teaching Placement Information Form
- Education Issues
- Evaluations of School Districts
- General Information on Pennsylvania
- PDE Employee Opportunities Database
- Public School Review
- Teacher Job Availability Clearinghouse
- Teaching Degrees, Continuing Education and Career Information
Educational Technology Labs
Technology labs on campus serve as valuable destinations for curriculum planning, preparation and research. You'll find research tools for classroom projects, lesson plans and testing.
Learn more about our student technology resources at Point Park.
- The Pittsburgh Public School/University Collaborative provides you with the opportunity to choose an urban setting for your student teaching placement.
- The Pennsylvania Department of Education partnership offers technical assistance and conducts regular re-certification audits to assure high standards in teacher preparation.
- Point Park also participates in The Pittsburgh Educational Recruiting Consortium (PERC) which is held annually to recruit future educators and The Western Pennsylvania Career Services Annual Job Fair for College Graduates, which is geared toward graduates with bachelor's or master's degrees.
- Additional recruitment events are also held.
Faculty members keep current with educational trends through memberships in professional organizations.
Student affiliates and pre-service teachers may be associate members of many of these organizations. You'll reap benefits that can greatly enhance your teaching and career opportunities:
- American Association of School Administrators
- American Association of University Professors
- American Counseling Association
- American Federation of Teachers (AFT)
- Association for Supervision & Curriculum Development
- National Association for the Education of Young Children
- National Association for Multicultural Education
- National Council of Teachers of Mathematics
- National Education Association (NEA)
- Pennsylvania Association of Colleges and Teacher Educators (PAC-TE)
- Pennsylvania Association for the Education of Young Children
- Pennsylvania State Educators Association (PSEA)
- Phi Delta Kappa
- Pittsburgh Federation of Teachers (PFT)
- School Performance Institute