Resources for Teachers
Faculty members keep current with educational trends through memberships in professional organizations.
Student affiliates and pre-service teachers may be associate members of many of these organizations. You'll reap benefits that can greatly enhance your teaching and career opportunities:
- American Association of School Administrators
- American Association of University Professors
- American Counseling Association
- American Federation of Teachers (AFT)
- Association for Supervision & Curriculum Development
- National Association for the Education of Young Children
- National Association for Multicultural Education
- National Council of Teachers of Mathematics
- National Education Association (NEA)
- Pennsylvania Association of Colleges and Teacher Educators (PAC-TE)
- Pennsylvania Association for the Education of Young Children
- Pennsylvania State Educators Association (PSEA)
- Phi Delta Kappa
- Pittsburgh Federation of Teachers (PFT)
- School Performance Institute
Continuing Professional Education
Act 48 of 1999 requires all Pennsylvania educators holding Pennsylvania public school certification including Instructional I and II, Educational Specialist I and II, Administrative, Supervisory, Letters of Eligibility and all vocational certificates to participate in ongoing professional education.
To see information regarding Act 48 Continuing Professional Education, visit the PA Department of Education website.
To report hours/credits to the Pennsylvania Department of Education complete the Act 48 Voucher form.
Once the form is completed (including a professional ID number from the state), send it via email to firstname.lastname@example.org or postal mail to:
Point Park University
201 Wood Street
Pittsburgh, PA 15222
Visit the Pennsylvania Department of Education website and enter your Professional Personal ID number from the state to verify the status of your Act 48 Continuing Professional Development history.
Access the Pennsylvania Department of Education's website for up-to-date information regarding Act 48 credits.